There will be no NFL in 10 years... (1 Viewer)

nothing will change unless revenue tanks. Which it won’t.

You think an imperialist organization is going to shell out extra money on labor to produce a more quality product? LOL, this is America. If money keeps coming in, there is no need to increase spending. Especially if there is recorded growth.

Sounds good in theory but the fact is, the amount of money the NFL makes steadily rises every single year. They’re on pace to make $25 billion annually by 2025. They ain’t goin anywhere

Everyone’s complaining, some fans are leaving... most are there the next week in the same spot.

I think they’ll be ok. ‘Watching the game’ is such a social thing... it can withstand bad officiating

Well considering stadiums were packed last weekend, they'll be packed again this weekend, and TV viewership is through the roof......

Forgive me if I think it'll be around in 10 years.

And stronger than ever.

Jesus what a literal bunch...it was an expression... NFL officiating sucks, all I was saying...but please, continue with the clever comments about the "10 year" thing...

I'm no Jesus, but I completely understand you on the "10 years" comment. I'm sure we all can agree you meant 100 years.

Sound like Wrestling fans talking about WWE 5 years ago.

Granted they weren't wrong. WWE is mad struggling with attendance and ratings. Remember... WWE was king of ratings before got bidyslammed by the NFL.

Didn’t Troy Aikman once say (a few years ago now) that the game as we know it would change for the worse? If he did, he was right. The NFL is a caricature of what it once was. When it comes to the NFL I’m an addict who can’t quit. But somehow, they’ve made it easier for me to slow down.

There are too many people & businesses in the NFL cities that rely on the games to make a living. Hopefully that by the time Goodell is removed from his throne, the new commish will recognize all the bad things he did to ruin the NFL and get it back to being a legitimate sport once again.

Let's face it, even the players want the game to last. It's hard to find the kind of employment that makes becoming a multi-millionaire possible for a lot of these guys. Yes, it'll be tough, but it won't be impossible.

The only way this could be true is for it to be replaced with a better product. In the late 60s, the AFL had the NFL on the ropes and the NFL was losing significant revenue. The NFL was stodgy, un-inclusive and not interested in progressing and fans took notice of the more progressive, more player diverse AFL. The only problem with the league is that it lacked star power. That was until the newly organized AFL signed the most coveted college recruit in decades...Joe Willie Namath signed on with the Jets of the more progressive AFL and that one move started a domino effect. The Namath lottery created the perfect storm and the NFL was forced to acquire and integrate the cash poor AFL and change its old fashioned ways for fear that the AFL would grow to powerful.

Sorry for all the words, but all it will take is a new league that starts to sign some former stars or some stars that sit out due to contract disputes, or guys like AB, then win some of the star college recruits. What if a new league allowed college sophomores? That's an NFL rule. Combine these sophomores with the stars that jump ship from NFL and some of the older guys that get cut but can still play, I think that the NFL would be quickly on its heels. Nobody other than Roger Goodell and the owners like the current NFL. Not the players nor the fans find it credible anymore.

Just saying

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom