There will be some probowlers in this draft (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They may go top ten and they may go late, but I think at this time of year everyone gets caught up in the athletic performance and loses sight of the football player,

Despite their athletic ablility some will be . Ie Zack Thomas

some positions athletic ablility counts more DE, cb.

all require toughness.

Dan Conner is a football player, Vernon Gholston is top 5? and Dan Conner is late 1st? what did I miss in the games they played?

Conner is undervalued in this draft and if we need to trade up from our 2nd round pick to get him late we should.

who do you believe is undervalued in this draft?

Brian Brohm is the most undervalued player in the draft.
If he slides out of the first it is all due to journalists and draftniks overanalysing him like they do every year.
Someone, I think the Falcons, is going to get their franchise QB in him and his career will be a heck of a lot better than Matt Ryan's.
I mean what do you want him to do. He was a top 10 pick preseason, had one of the best year's out of all the QBs in college football last year, had an impeccable pro day, ran a 4.6, 4 year starter. What else can you do to raise your stock other than have a great senior year and exceed expectations and have great workouts.

Flowers and Abidi from V Tech I think are going to be great players too who have been overanalysed.

I have yet to be sold on Dan Conner. And Ive watched almost every game he has played. I just think he is just a tad to stringy right now. Maybe after a couple years and he thickens up.

Curtis Lofton, IMO, will be the best linebacker out of this draft. He can hit low, play in coverage. Has incredible hitting strength at 6'0 246 lbs. Great field speed. And improved his 40 time to 4.67 at his pro day.

I think pundits are suffering from "belly-button" watching. When looking at a draft you rank the players from that year and often get carried away (both upwards and downwards). I am clearly no expert but the talent level for this years draft is (yawn) boring. I hope I am wrong but I do not see the impact players aother do. Especially at QB. Not 1 of them will be a starter for 3+ years in the NFL.

Conner is not lacking in atheletic ability. He is just as atheletic as Keith Rivers as shown by his proday. He was also twice as productive and is widely known as a very smart player.

He isn't undervalued though. Rivers is just overvalued. When the picks start coming in for real neither are going to go top 20.

BTW...Gholston = beast. He should go top 5.

I think Branden Albert may be a pro-bowler at guard, and a good player at tackle. If he goes to a team with solid tackles, he will be a pro-bowler at guard for years to come.

He may go late in the first round since it is the right place for guards to go. I think if we evaluate players by the depth and quality at each position, Albert is right there with the ends and tackles as the best value. I think he is as good as guard as Dorsey and Ellis are at tackles, and C. Long and V. Gholston at ends.

Last edited:
J Leman, Illinois LB. I saw a few Illinois games and this guy was very quick and all over the place. I think he would make for a great WLB.

They may go top ten and they may go late, but I think at this time of year everyone gets caught up in the athletic performance and loses sight of the football player,

Despite their athletic ablility some will be . Ie Zack Thomas

some positions athletic ablility counts more DE, cb.

all require toughness.

Dan Conner is a football player, Vernon Gholston is top 5? and Dan Conner is late 1st? what did I miss in the games they played?

Conner is undervalued in this draft and if we need to trade up from our 2nd round pick to get him late we should.

who do you believe is undervalued in this draft?

any player can be a bust and any could be all world

Brian Brohm is the most undervalued player in the draft.
If he slides out of the first it is all due to journalists and draftniks overanalysing him like they do every year.
Someone, I think the Falcons, is going to get their franchise QB in him and his career will be a heck of a lot better than Matt Ryan's.
I mean what do you want him to do. He was a top 10 pick preseason, had one of the best year's out of all the QBs in college football last year, had an impeccable pro day, ran a 4.6, 4 year starter. What else can you do to raise your stock other than have a great senior year and exceed expectations and have great workouts.

I agree on Brohm if he's a 2nd rounder. The Dolphins took a 26 year old John Beck early in the 2nd last year. The guy looked awful and he'll be 27 going into the year. Drew Brees had his 29th birthday 2 months ago!

I think if Quintin Groves gets drafted as a 3-4 rushing OLB he'll be the best value in the entire draft. Hugely under-rated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom