There's a hole in my house. (1 Viewer)

She's just 17 blocks away?!? Don't worry, you'll probably still see her as much as before. You just know she's moved out. Make her bedroom an office or some other type of entertainment room. That usually helps. Unless something bizarre happens in her life, she'll likely never live their again. Count your blessings, she could have moved across the country...17 blocks is nothing.

My three kids moved out within an eighteen month time span. It was hard to see the first one go, but once they were all out of the house and that day to day worry was gone, it was like magic. We enjoy their visits immensely and with the internet and cell phones, no one is ever really out of touch.

Got any pets? Certainly not a total replacement, for sure, but helps if you dont have any already.

Take it as a positive, now maybe you'll have more time to do the things you've been putting off?

You can rent me.

Are you crazy? Did you see the requirements for the position?

She's smart, resourceful, beautiful, has personality, and could have taken on the world at 10...

...She exudes this energy. Her enthusiasm for everything is contagious. To her, Life is a giant sampler platter... There is no one on the planet I enjoy more

Think about it.

when i moved out my folks dealt with the loss by turning my room into a den
I already have a den ... and a study.

2fya, the weights/exercise stuff are outside on porch off of the garage where they can't fall through the floor of my house..... and make another hole.

Yeah, my dad was glad to see me go. My mom would love for me to move back in today.

Yeah, her dad is excited about this. I just don't get it.

I have a hole in my house too. My kids are 10, 7, 5, and 3. And I'm pretty sure I know which one did it too! :hihi: ....

We have a few of that kind too. My son's dartboard holes are now covered by a Carmen Electra poster. Hole from my daughter's attempt to hang the hammock chair from the ceiling sheetrock is covered by a Bob Dylan poster. The poor patch job from the hole made by daughter #2's attempted to hide the kitten (that I wouldn't let her keep) in the attic space next to her room is now covered by a bookcase. Those holes don't bother me.... they seemed to go hand-in-hand with the markings of the "height chart" on my kitchen wall.

Look at the bright side. She's going to college where she'll get to experiment with boys and booze and learn subversive, anti-American sentiments from professors like me! Your daughter will be a filthy communist before you know it. :hihi:

She's been "sampling" life for awhile now, and is quite the Austin hippy/earth muffin. I doubt she would be surprised to learn that her professors hang out on message boards and post in the nude. :hihi:

Good job Reb. I sure wouldn't want you manning the suicide hotline phones.:mwink:
:smilielol:

Sabine, Is having more kids an option?

It's an option, just not a very good one after 40.

I'm considering V-Chips offer.

I'm hoping Dragon is right and I'll see her as much or more. Who knows, maybe she'll tire of the dorm and come back. What 18 YO would want to share a room when they don't have to? There's no blowing in with a half-dozen buddies to raid the kitchen in the middle of the night. There's no hanging out in the back yard around a fire with your buddies. There's no impromptu open house parties. My neighborhood is filled with students from UT.

She needs a relationship that isn't conducive to dorm life. :scratch: That'll get her home.

Congratulations to your daughter entering UT. It can be a tough school to get into.

When I was in college, I always loved the friends who's parents lived in town. A home cooked meal every once in a while was great. So, you'll see her often, I'm sure.

Sounds like she has picked up the motto, "Keep Austin Weird".

Sabine, I have a 20yr old daughter you can borrow if you really need someone. she leaves her clothes on the floor, dirty dishes in her wake, and can't cook without making a huge mess but if you really need to fill that void I would send her your way. I would miss her friends sleeping on the couch though.:)

That's not creepy at all

Jonesy, its more like a guessing game. are there people in the house? how many might there be? are they boys, girls or both? and did they eat all the food in the fridge while I slept? its part of the whole empty house thing. our house is like Sabine's. its where all the neighborhood kids hung out so the house was always full. when your kids move out so do their friends and it feels even more empty because you don't lose one you lose five or six. do ya have kids Jonesy?

Sabine, I have a 20yr old daughter you can borrow if you really need someone. she leaves her clothes on the floor, dirty dishes in her wake, and can't cook without making a huge mess but if you really need to fill that void I would send her your way. I would miss her friends sleeping on the couch though.:)

She sounds perfect, Redlands, just like my baby.

Jonesy, its more like a guessing game. are there people in the house? how many might there be? are they boys, girls or both? and did they eat all the food in the fridge while I slept?...................

and:

What are the odds that I can get to the dryer (or coffeepot) in my underwear without being seen? How quiet do I need to be?

What are the odds that I can get to the dryer (or coffeepot) without seeing some kid in their underwear? How loud do I need to be?

What are the odds that I can get to the dryer (or coffeepot) in my underwear without being seen? How quiet do I need to be?

What are the odds that I can get to the dryer (or coffeepot) without seeing some kid in their underwear? How loud do I need to be?

TTIUWP :hihi:

She sounds perfect, Redlands, just like my baby.

and:

either way it only happens once

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom