Question There's a lot of talk about if it should be Teddy or Drew this week... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So here's the question: Does it have to be an "one or the other" decision? Would you be upset if Teddy started and Drew (if able) would play a few series to see how his hand is responding at real game speed and accuracy? Or would you mind seeing Drew start (if able) and just play a few series, then have Teddy come in to mop up? (Kind of like a preseason scenario, but with a lot more on the line)

Frankly I would like to see Drew get to play a little before the game against the Failyuns just to make sure he has his total game back. However, if the doctors and coaches see/say that he's not ready yet, then he should definitely wait until after the Bye. I just want to have Drew truly ready to take the team to a championship, not just play him as a courtesy to Drew. I don't think Drew would want that either. :scratch:

So here's the question: Does it have to be an "one or the other" decision? Would you be upset if Teddy started and Drew (if able) would play a few series to see how his hand is responding at real game speed and accuracy? Or would you mind seeing Drew start (if able) and just play a few series, then have Teddy come in to mop up? (Kind of like a preseason scenario, but with a lot more on the line)

Frankly I would like to see Drew get to play a little before the game against the Failyuns just to make sure he has his total game back. However, if the doctors and coaches see/say that he's not ready yet, then he should definitely wait until after the Bye. I just want to have Drew truly ready to take the team to a championship, not just play him as a courtesy to Drew. I don't think Drew would want that either. :scratch:

It's Week 8 of the NFL against a 3-3-1 NFC team. Saints want the #1 seed. IMO whoever starts should get the first team practice snaps during the week and play the entire game unless its a few minutes left in a blow out game.

I just posted this in the other thread.

A lot of it will be based on how Brees feels, because the doctor probably can’t put an exact percentage on his recovery. He could be 80% for all we know and be itching to go back. He might even get medical clearance, but with a suggestion of maybe it would be good to take it easy for a few more weeks. I’d guess the line gets a little blurry toward the end, and it just comes down to a judgement call. I don’t know and don’t pretend to, but I believe we have the luxury of erring in the side of caution if we want. There’s absolutely no reason to risk an early comeback because at the end of the day, there’s a huge difference in an extra 2 weeks of light work vs real game speed and getting hit. And of course, none of what we think will matter because the decision will ultimately be made by Brees and Payton.

I think we will not see Drew this week as more than the backup.

I also am hoping that is the case. I would rather Teddy finish out the pre-bye season. Plus we want Drew hidden as long as possible. Nobody knows what we have in this guy yet. Don't give them any more tape than you have to.

I’d like to work him in slowly this week and fully after the bye if he’s ready.

If drew can play then he plays.
Period. End of story. There are too few games and each one is important, especially since this is an NFC opponent. If he's 100%, cleared medically and feels like he can be his usual accurate self, he plays and plays the whole game. Why would you want to only see him play a few series? He's getting those same reps in practice this week, with a full pass rush and all. I wish more people would have heard Strief's early morning interview with Tommy Tucker on WWL where he talked about this for 20 minutes and relayed things Drew had told him. One of those things being that if he's able to play, he will.

I think for this week, Drew will be activated, but will be the main backup, allowing Taysum to do his thing.

Drew will start right after the bye.

If drew can play then he plays.

I really don’t know that this is true. I mean, Drew at 80% can or could play, but it would be incredibly stupid.

I think he may play, and I think there’s a scenario where he is the backup this game. That allows Hill to go back to his full time regular role.

Either way we will be fine.

I love how drew will be well rested, fresh legs, shoulder fresh ready to go just as we hit the back half of the season. It’s feels like he’s about the bring th Rapture to the NFL.

I just don't see him back this week. Id love it, but I think he will go through the pregame motions like preseason game 1 and just not play.

The biggest impact of him returning, is Taysom is going to play far more than he has previously. The guy is just too dynamic to play 10-20 snaps a game. I also think we will see the 3 QB set more than the 1 time we saw it last year.

If Drew is 100% he plays. If he is 99%, Teddy plays.

I’ll let the coaching and medical staff decide how much Drew plays if he’s 100%, if he needs a pitch count per say

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom