There's no integrity left in the NFL game. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Without even getting into the political sheet storm of what unfolded and the narrative that is dictated that there is only one acceptable means to think and speak aloud, the officiating and the rules are getting out of hand.

• The defensive back contact penalties are absurd. Half the time we are awarding 35 yard penalties for meaningless contact that went both ways.
  • Quarterbacks can't have incidental contact nearly on their entire bodies.
  • You can't block someone who isn't looking at you (well no duh, they are looking at the ball).
  • You can't hit a WR too hard when they are trying to secure a game winning first down catch on you.
  • You have to watch your head tackling, but use your shoulders connected to your head but hit a moving target that is trying to avoid your contact as well.
  • Holding all day on offensive lineman cause their hand slips across chest but no calls on WR's grabbing hold of DB's 25 yards down the field and they can't even turn themselves.
The officiating and the rules transforming have been poisoning this game for many years and you are starting to see stages of death. I never was one to get too crazy about calls but its literally squeezing the life out of the game. It's not even worth it anymore to complain. There's no joy and honesty left in the game. Integrity has been washed away.

What frustrates me about defensive PI penalties is when the WR puts his hands on the outside of the DB's pads, clearly grabbing to get position, so the DB does the same and gets called for PI. If the WR makes contact first, it should be OPI, offsetting, or nothing at all.

Last edited:
The officiating actually makes the game harder to watch. I actually feel asleep a couple times last night cause the penalties were so foolish. Like where there were three penalties on a PAT, that took a good ten minutes to complete the process. I use to love the idea of us having a prime time game, now I loath it !

Then the playoffs come and it's officiated completely differently pending the narrative . . . .lame.

What frustrates me about defensive PI penalties is when the WR puts his hands on the outside DB's pads, clearly grabbing to get position, so the DB does the same and gets called for PI. If the WR makes contact first, it should be OPI, offsetting, or nothing at all.
and we won't be getting these calls cause we don't have a down field attack with Drew anymore. Period.

Everything is so ticktack now, its worse than NBA flopping these days and so much more impactful to the outcome. Half of the PIs we've had the past two games were contact initiated by WRs and a complete stretch at best. Game plans are starting to become focused on drawing PIs; throw a bomb that's likely uncatchable and hope for the 50/50 chance of bogus PI call that completely changes the momentum and outcome of the game. I can't even celebrate a defensive stop without holding my breath for a minute looking for flags. Its so frustrating, the NFL will soon be joining the likes of soccer and basketball where flop artistry is celebrated.

I don’t believe that the refs make ghost calls. But I do believe that they pick and choose which ones they want to call and not call. There are penalties on every play by both teams if you go by the NFL rulebook which has gotten absurd.

I hate to believe this but I really believe the refs are instructed to make bogus calls if necessary to assist another team. Those calls late in the game were a joke.

It’s crazy I know... but there’s just too much smoke for there not to be any fire.

NFL desperately wants the Rams to seize the giant LA market after they moved back in... opportunity to keep them alive in the NFCCG... we all know what happened.
Vegas makes their home debut... Tons of hoopla and hype about the new era of Raider football... yada, yada, yada...
Saints come out fast... penalties slow them down and keep Raiders in the game... late in the game, the Saints have some momentum to possibly make a comeback and steal back the game... PI called on a grossly overthrown and uncatchable ball... seals the game.

I have little-to-no doubt that the NFL has storylines that they instruct their officials to “call games towards” certain desired outcomes.

Now, sometimes the team that they want to shine just simply blows it or the other team is just really on... but, if the game is close.. and the top storyline is still available... the calls/no calls come into play.

A fixed game in Vegas, no way. That call came in sometime early in the 1st when it looked like the Saints were going to mop the floor of the death star with the Raiders.

I also doesn't help that SP threw a red flag like an upset teenager when it clearly was a catch.....which cost the team a timeout. Yes, the referees are terrible but SP rides their backs constantly. Is it him upsetting the refs which causes these penalties to be called?

Last edited:
I also doesn't help that SP threw a red flag like an upset teenager when it clearly was a catch.....which cost the team a timeout. Yes, the referees are terrible but SP rides their backs constantly. Isn't him upsetting the refs which causes these penalties to be called?

My daughter is a pitcher for her softball team... when the ump is being wonky with his strike zone, she has a habit of making faces or displaying unhappy body language... this usually results in the strike zone shrinking and her getting less and less close calls in her favor.

Umpires and referees are only human, and the vast majority of humans get petty and spiteful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom