There's no integrity left in the NFL game. (1 Viewer)

I also doesn't help that SP threw a red flag like an upset teenager when it clearly was a catch.....which cost the team a timeout. Yes, the referees are terrible but SP rides their backs constantly. Isn't him upsetting the refs which causes these penalties to be called?

Not gonna lie. When I first saw the replay, I was screaming for SP to throw the flag because I didn't think he caught it either. I still don't.

Got to win the games still. This is the same rules that give our offense an advantage

Not if they don't get called. Think 2019 NFC Championship game.

The rules have changed so much and they are done so in order to help games become high scoring. Clown Goodell thinks that is what sells tickets. He has no clue it is ruining the game.

i rather go to a 1 foot down for a catch vs two feet. it gets stupid trying to make sense of the elbow, shin, butt, this that all hitting extra.... You get a body part down in play after catch before you touch out of bounds... its a catch.

Same time, ease up on the one sided PI Calls. Let them play!

This is "entertainment" and not sports. The outcome is not 100% scripted, but I have no doubt that certain storylines are actively pushed by the league. That last PI call was 100% scripted by the NFL. They refs on the field KNEW that they were supposed to make that call to ensure that the first game in Las Vegas was won by the home team. Ball was 100% uncatchable, the NFL head office was supposed to look at stupid things like that, you think they spent, or will spend, ten seconds to look at it, heck NO! The outcome was what they wanted.

I am somehow still "entertained" by this "entertainment" but my level of serious concentration and consideration to this "sport" is MUCH LESS than it used to be. I will probably continue to pay attention, I will keep my tickets, they are great seats and cheap, but I know that I am not emotionally or financially as invested in the game anymore.

I thought PIs could be challenged. I thought Payton should've challenged that last PI on Jenkins, because the WR initiated the contact, and was holding on to Jenkins. It wasn't even obvious that Jenkins held his arm. At best it should've been offsetting. I don't think I've ever seen a ref call offsetting PI penalties, but that is critically needed, since they always feel compelled to call somebody, even if both are guilty.

My daughter is a pitcher for her softball team... when the ump is being wonky with his strike zone, she has a habit of making faces or displaying unhappy body language... this usually results in the strike zone shrinking and her getting less and less close calls in her favor.

Umpires and referees are only human, and the vast majority of humans get petty and spiteful.

My son used to do the same thing when he was pitching on the mound with his body language and the strike zone would shrink. I would try to tell him that but hey, us parents know nothing.

I thought PIs could be challenged. I thought Payton should've challenged that last PI on Jenkins, because the WR initiated the contact, and was holding on to Jenkins. It wasn't even obvious that Jenkins held his arm. At best it should've been offsetting. I don't think I've ever seen a ref call offsetting PI penalties, but that is critically needed, since they always feel compelled to call somebody, even if both are guilty.
NFL dropped that challenge option this year.

NFL dropped that challenge option this year.
Thanks for that information. That PI challenge rule is desperately needed, or the penalty needs to be far lessened like college to compensate for awful refereeing.

What frustrates me about defensive PI penalties is when the WR puts his hands on the outside of the DB's pads, clearly grabbing to get position, so the DB does the same and gets called for PI. If the WR makes contact first, it should be OPI, offsetting, or nothing at all.
When the frequency of these calls went through the roof the yardage should've been addressed. 5 yards/1st down is plenty as it is...no reason for spot could when 90% of the calls are ticky tacky to begin with. Except for our nfccg of course that was never called....that was blatant and intentional.

When the frequency of these calls went through the roof the yardage should've been addressed. 5 yards/1st down is plenty as it is...no reason for spot could when 90% of the calls are ticky tacky to begin with. Except for our nfccg of course that was never called....that was blatant and intentional.
Exactly. The penalty should be minor for ticky tack fouls, and serious for blatant fouls. A blatant PI spot foul is fine, but ticky tack PI should be a minor penalty. I suppose refs don't have the rules giving them that option, so to a certain extent it isn't their fault.

I'm not going to say we didn't commit PI (mainly thinking of the Jenkins one). I'm not going to say I have a great solution either. These PI rules are just crazy though. It's currently my most hated part of the game.
I’m not saying it wasn’t a PI either .But the ref on the other side of the field called that PI. The ball wasn’t catchable so leave the flag in your pocket when it’s that late in the game.JMO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom