These guys are for real (1 Viewer)

I agree this team is for real, but man did they get screwed when they moved the team to the Western Conference. Take a quick look at the standings, if the playoffs started today they would be the #3 seed out west. What is their reward for such a lofty record? A first round match up with the #6 seed defending champion San Antonio Spurs. Awesome. Not only that but take a closer look at the division: With the exception of Memphis every other team is above .500. There are 6 teams in the entire EASTERN CONFERENCE above .500 while their are 4 teams in the Southwest divsion.
So despite playing in probably the toughest divsion in the league they still manage to be tied for the 4th best record in the league. For real indeed.

hey I agree with everyone I went to the Bobcats game last Friday and was amazed I listen to every game and watch on nba.com the score for every game we are the real deal lets support or Hornets!!!!!!!!!

I used to really love basketball, Spurs fan, but its the only sport that is controlled too much by the 100+ calls a game made by the refs. Can you imagine in baseball someone hitting a HR but the umpire calls the batter out of the batters box and not only is it not a homer but they are out? They need to just let them play and leave it up to the players and not the refs and I think that would increase the interest? Different rules for different players, Shaq in his prime could back anyone down by running over them, there was no such a thing as a Jordan travel? There's seems to be so many rules in basketball that the refs can easily throw one out anytime they want, hence why the scandal last offseason. Its the only sport where the refs should be in lights next to the teams competing because they have more say in the outcome than the players or coaches before the game ends.

That being said I'm still happy for the Hornets though :9:

To be honest I just re-read this and can not disagree more. The home plate umpire has WAY more say in a game than NBA referees, he basically makes a call on almost every single play (ball/strike) In the NFL how dramatically can a ref affect the game by calling an interference or offensive holding on a big gain?

If the NBA just "let them play" the league would look like it did in the early 90's with Pat Rileys Knicks pretty much killing anyone in the paint and scores of 78-76. The NBA is moving in the right direction if you ask me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom