These guys really are wild with the draft stories... (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
What is with trying to find a depressing story about ever draft pick?

"Jimmy's mother fell down the back porch steps one day when his dad was clearing brush. She fell in a wood chipper and he grew up never having nursed at her teat. Later his father died changing the oil on his neighbor's John Deere. He's waited a long time for this moment."

It's every third pick and I'm starting to laugh at people's tragedies...

Is this just me?

"Jimmy's mother fell down the back porch steps one day when his dad was clearing brush. She fell in a wood chipper and he grew up never having nursed at her teat. Later his father died changing the oil on his neighbor's John Deere. He's waited a long time for this moment."

Is this just me?

No. It's getting a little ridiculous.

I was just thinking, JC, these guys have such sad stories. TheN I realized everyone does, but it being brought to light as they re now in the spot light.

You think they're making up tragedies about their parents on the happiest days of their young life? C'mon man. Lot of these kids have had tough lives, like a lot of Americans out there. People die of accidents, cancer, illness....and moreso to the kids that share the same socioeconomic background as a lot of the kids being drafted.

Is this just me?
It's repulsive. It's disgusting. It's grotesque.

You think they're making up tragedies about their parents on the happiest days of their young life? C'mon man. Lot of these kids have had tough lives, like a lot of Americans out there. People die of accidents, cancer, illness....and moreso to the kids that share the same socioeconomic background as a lot of the kids being drafted.
Nobody said they were making anything up. This is the happiest day of these young men's lives. There's no need to focus on the tragedies.

Nobody said they were making anything up. This is the happiest day of these young men's lives. There's no need to focus on the tragedies.
They are talking about things that mean a lot to the players. Things that helped shaped them. Sorry it makes you feel a certain way. Smh, it makes you uncomfortable to hear their tragedy? Just here to entertain you?

They are talking about things that mean a lot to the players. Things that helped shaped them. Sorry it makes you feel a certain way. Smh, it makes you uncomfortable to hear their tragedy? Just here to entertain you?
Wow.

Last night was like Trey Wingo doing a 3-hour long Debbie Downer impression.

Every other pick was like *insert sad piano music moment.*

I understand both sides. The media is doing the media thing and trying to make as many picks as possible into great stories of overcoming huge human tragedies. In one sense, like DC said, are real tragedies to the players and likely provided motivation to the players' success. These are real human tragedies. Then on the other hand, it seems like the press is over-playing their stories here. I really understand both sides of this debate. At the end of the day, these were some brutal events early in their lives. I don't think anyone on this thread is making fun or light of these players tragedies, but the media is pushing these stories big time.

Is this just me?
It's a form of mind control. Playing on the emotions of others. The media/America loves to make a sad story and a hero out of anybody, this will continue to happen.

I understand that it adds to the player's story to reveal that he has overcome the adversity of losing a parent. However, I think it's sufficient to say that he has faced the tragedy of losing a parent at the age of 10 without having to say that the man slipped on gravel and was struck by a red 2009 F-150 long wheel base with a tool box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom