These last couple seasons have been rough on us Saints fans (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Last year, we had to endure the Panthers running roughshod over the NFL all the way to the Super Bowl and hear about how great Cam Newton is while the Saints went 7-9.

This year, now it's the accursed Falcons in the Super Bowl and apparently Matt Ryan is gonna win an MVP award before Brees?

2017 is gotta be our year or it may be time to bust it up!!!

Bust what up?

We are building through the draft and spending money...we had the injury bug...period!

Had a +5,000 yard QB
Had a +1,000 yard RB
Had 2 1,000 yard WR

And our defense improved...

Yes, we had some injuries and lost some close games...but to say it's time to "bust it up"

No thank you...

It's time to start our dynasty! WhoDat!

been a humbling few seasons. but we are definitely on the upswing. This division will be a tough one next season.

Rough seasons?! Ha. Rough is 3-13, the Ditka era, the Archie Manning era, etc. I'm appreciating our offense, playoff appearances, and Drew Brees while they are here.

Rough seasons?! Ha. Rough is 3-13, the Ditka era, the Archie Manning era, etc. I'm appreciating our offense, playoff appearances, and Drew Brees while they are here.

After watching the Saints for 30 years now it has been bad but it is nothing like it used to be. I can do these three 7-9 seasons standing on my head. Right now like you said I am appreciating everything from 2000 on actually but especially 2006 until the present. 2017 is our year so i hope the rest of the NFC is ready especially those Dirty Birds.

After watching the Saints for 30 years now it has been bad but it is nothing like it used to be. I can do these three 7-9 seasons standing on my head. Right now like you said I am appreciating everything from 2000 on actually but especially 2006 until the present. 2017 is our year so i hope the rest of the NFC is ready especially those Dirty Birds.

I didn't feel like giving you a green thumb was enough, so I decided to quote you and shake your hand.

*shakes your hand*

I know exactly what you are saying. I've been bleeding Black and Gold since September 17th 1967 so I know what a 3-11 and 1-15 season looks like and smells like. Man 7-9 back in those days would have been HUGE!!!

I've got 50 years vested in this team!!..................:9:

Please....Despite our record and yes it is frustrating at times losing close games and missing the playoffs, I enjoyed every game especially this year. Young players are coming into their own. If you want to some rough years, pick any year before 1987 and the Ditka years.

exactly what I was thinking.....anyone that thinks these seasons have been rough evidently has a terrible memory.

exactly what I was thinking.....anyone that thinks these seasons have been rough evidently has a terrible memory.

But we have been losing with Drew Brees, not Billy Joe Wuerrfel.

In some ways that makes it worse.

These seasons are Tame compared to Mike Ditka. I wasn't around for the first 20 or so years so that's my low point.

I agree Ditka was one of the lower points in Saints history. I knew when we traded everything we had and more and he said his draft is done it is golf time we were done. I think the hardworking Grabowski theme stunk. I guess at least he beat the Bears while he was here:angryrazz:

But we have been losing with Drew Brees, not Billy Joe Wuerrfel.

In some ways that makes it worse.

True, but the Saints under Payton have done alot more winning overall than losing, which is why I can't understand why so many want him gone. Understand fans feeling this way if it was Mora or Ditka after +10 years of not winning at least one playoff game.

The Saints will not win every year. And they still look respectable for the most part.

True, but the Saints under Payton have done alot more winning overall than losing, which is why I can't understand why so many want him gone. Understand fans feeling this way if it was Mora or Ditka after +10 years of not winning at least one playoff game.

The Saints will not win every year. And they still look respectable for the most part.

The bar has been raised. He has been rewarded by being the highest paid coach in the league since his suspension. He has never had QB adversity apart from last season when Brees got hurt. Sure, the Saints won't win every year, but what other coaches in his pay grade have had losing seasons when their star QB was not injured?
As for wanting him gone, I can agree that we have no choice to keep he and Brees together for another season with the hope that the dead money clearing and defense improving brings this team back to around 10 wins plus a playoff win. If he can't manage that next season though, it's just another sign that he's a good coach, not a great one, who's time has run its course here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom