These referees get wost every year (1 Viewer)

Not that I disagree with you, but will just mention what was said by Scott Hansen of NFL Redzone.

He stated that the referees did not have a preseason too. Nobody got to practice with any organized football. No high school, college, or training camps to practice with.

Because of Covid they were not allowed to go to NFL training camps and teach/enforce the new rules for the season. They got to stay at home, behind their computers like most of society.

Never working as a team until gameday.

Not that I disagree with you, but will just mention what was said by Scott Hansen of NFL Redzone.

He stated that the referees did not have a preseason too. Nobody got to practice with any organized football. No high school, college, or training camps to practice with.

Because of Covid they were not allowed to go to NFL training camps and teach/enforce the new rules for the season. They got to stay at home, behind their computers like most of society.

Never working as a team until gameday.
Many of these refs, if not many of the officiating crews covering NCAAF, NFL aren't 1st or 2nd year refs, so that explanation might suffice under those conditions but if you've been working NCAAF or NFL regular season games for years, an unprecedented, unusual pandemic-lockdown sports where you miss training camp, or preseason games might be a hindrance and granted make some officials a bit rusty and miss a few calls but that's no apology for missing crucial late-game probable Defensive pass interference that largely was deciding factor in last night's SNF game.

If anything, it's a fairer game to bash Mike McCarthy's decision to go for it on 4th down early in 4th quarter deep in Rams territory instead of kicking a FG to tie it, 20-20. That baffling playcall in close games is a microcosm of why McCarthy choked away so many important postseason games as Packers HC despite having a future HOF QB. And its disconcerting because it tells me he hasn't really learned anything or tried to limit his tendency to make dumb, stupid mistakes that cost him games.

Blame starts with the NFL head offices, they simply didn't want to invest in referees.

Dean Blandino left for TV money, and didn't have a credible plan after.

I understand that decisions like that can surprise you, but what I can't accept is at least 3 years leaving such an important part of the game in the incapable hands of Al Riveron.

They made some changes in the referee structure this year, but the fact that Riveron is still there, to me is mind blowing.

At least there were less flags being thrown for most of the games. I hate those "flag on every play" games. This year by the games I watched It was a little bit better.

Many of these refs, if not many of the officiating crews covering NCAAF, NFL aren't 1st or 2nd year refs, so that explanation might suffice under those conditions but if you've been working NCAAF or NFL regular season games for years, an unprecedented, unusual pandemic-lockdown sports where you miss training camp, or preseason games might be a hindrance and granted make some officials a bit rusty and miss a few calls but that's no apology for missing crucial late-game probable Defensive pass interference that largely was deciding factor in last night's SNF game.

If anything, it's a fairer game to bash Mike McCarthy's decision to go for it on 4th down early in 4th quarter deep in Rams territory instead of kicking a FG to tie it, 20-20. That baffling playcall in close games is a microcosm of why McCarthy choked away so many important postseason games as Packers HC despite having a future HOF QB. And its disconcerting because it tells me he hasn't really learned anything or tried to limit his tendency to make dumb, stupid mistakes that cost him games.
Excuses. 3 years now they have been screwing us because Roger goodell hates Sean Peyton

At least they called penalties both ways. Both teams got flagged for similar infractions. Yes, maybe the penalties were a little tacky, but they weren't just penalizing the Saints and letting the other team off the hook.

At least they were consistent in calling ticky tack PI on both sides....the only truly baffling non-call was when they didn't flag Evans for ripping off Latt's helmet, I mean WTF?

The 3/4 of pass interference calls on the Saints were ridiculous, the only legitimate PI was the one Marcus Williams committed (which was a painful 45 yds). Those PIs all resulted in points on the board for the bucs. The Lattimore PI was especially bad and should've resulted in 4th down, instead the Bucs got a TD.

My fear in refs dictating the end result of our games is at an all-time high right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom