These "Vote Against Amend. 7" Commercials (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
...are disgusting. I can't wait until Tom Arnold (and his scumbag son), Errol Williams, & Dollar Betty Jefferson are out of office.

Me too.

Speaking of disgusting politicians, did any locals catch the City Council meeting yesterday?

Shelley Midura finally got a vote on the inspector general's office, only to be blasted by Mama D and her merry band of race-baiters, yelling that the measure was a racist tool that will be used to attack black politicians. (My favorite part was when they asked, "Why didnt you white folk want this when you had control of the city?" You know, 40 years ago.)

Then she got ambushed by Oliver Thomas's boy James Carter with an amendment to give the Council control over what office can and cant do, to ensure that, you know, there isnt any "discrimination" in what the IG does -- all of which led to Midura cracking up in tears over being called a racist (she is a bleeding heart liberal of the highest order - I think she'd rather be called a murderer than a racist).

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1162538040162690.xml&coll=1

This city is just so screwed. Every time I think I've seen it at its worst, something even more ridiculous happens. I can't believe I live here.

Last edited:
...are disgusting. I can't wait until Tom Arnold (and his scumbag son), Errol Williams, & Dollar Betty Jefferson are out of office.

Me too. They have fooled and lied to their way to top of the scum heap that is New Orleans politics. It won't matter because they are going to lose.

Me too. They have fooled and lied to their way to top of the scum heap that is New Orleans politics. It won't matter because they are going to lose.

I sure hope you are right. He is bad for recovery and the perception of this state.

Was listening to WWL this morning and apparently that amendment is racist too just like the IG position as 6 BLACK assesors will lose jobs. Is that right?

My favorite line is "Don't let the millionaires get rid of your homestead exemption."

Um, actually, the "millionaires" are the ones who are going to be the most adversely affected by this and yet are "taking one for the team" in the hopes of improving the city. And they certainly don't want to touch the homestead exemption.

Blatant lies that will feed into the ignorance. And may actually work, unfortunately. Such is the city in which we live.

Not to mention the fact that the assessors have nothing to do at all with the homestead exemption. Only the state legislature can mess with that.

As absurd as this may sound, I miss Louisiana politics sometimes. When you move away from Louisiana, every other states politics seems boring by comparison. Although Georgia did have former Rep Cynthia McKinney. She never failed to entertain and infuriate.

Now that I live in Atlanta I don't have my ear to the ground enough to know what going on in New Orleans and Louisiana as I like to. It doesn't sounds like not much has changed. It's a real shame too. I had hopes that Katrina would expose the people who have pillaged New Orleans and the state for so many generations for the scumbags that they are. But in typical Louisiana fashion, instead of fixing the problem by kicking their butts out of office, we re-elect them. Frankly I'm getting tired of defending Louisiana in some ways. Don't get me wrong. I love New Orleans and my home state, but we are a fat joke. America isn't going to continue to be so generous if New Orleans and the state doesn't get their act together. Louisiana needs to put people in office with some wherewithal and integrity. Will it ever happen? Not likely.

Not to mention the fact that the assessors have nothing to do at all with the homestead exemption. Only the state legislature can mess with that.

That fact is irrelevant. :9:

Don't worry, Orleans Parish. The rest of the state has your back on this one...

I just drove through the Garden District on Prytania. I was amazed at how many multi-million dollar manions whose owners are no doubt millionaires had HUGE "Vote for Amendment 7" signs.

:shrug:

Anyone hear the one of the assesors on WWL today?
He spent 27,500 of tax payers money to tell the city that their taxes will go up if there is one assesor. Amazing. Thank goodness Arthur Hardy and few others were on to refute that and tell the real story.
Did you know those assesors almost make 90,000 a year!!!!!! UNREAL!

I admit I knew little before Katrina about Orleans politics but good lord did everyone in the city work for the government?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom