They are remaking Christine!!!! (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
This has nothing but potential for me. I hope they restore the death scenes since the movie's deaths are all different from the book. I absolutely love the show Hannibal so I'm excited to see what he does here.

Lol. I have seen you rave about Christine on two threads recently I think @Scorpius the Allfather I guess you sent something out into the world.
I literally watched it a thousand times when I was very young. I knew how to use the vcr and watch it when I was 2. The movie and the car especially is imprinted into my soul so seeing more of her doing awesome shirt is very exciting to me right now.

When all is said and done, King will have almost as many movies as books since some are remade and some of his collections have multiple movies.

Different Seasons had four stories in it and 3 became movies Stand By Me, Shawshank and Apt Pupil.
I loved the movie Apt Pupil but haven't watched it since around the time it came out.

I literally watched it a thousand times when I was very young. I knew how to use the vcr and watch it when I was 2. The movie and the car especially is imprinted into my soul so seeing more of her doing awesome shirt is very exciting to me right now.

Sorry man, didnt mean to make light.. i didnt realize the movie meant so much to you.. but when i think of films that meant a lot to me when i was younger, i think my natural inclination would be to *not* want to see a remake(?)

also, i feel like there was a vastly superior Stephen King based movie released around the same time as Christine, called ‘Cujo’…. Also pertinent: ive never seen Christine.

holy ish, i was just looking at the imdb page for Christine and noticed that a guy i know in real life was in it (!) I guess he played the part of Bemis? Was that a big part?

Sorry man, didnt mean to make light.. i didnt realize the movie meant so much to you.. but when i think of films that meant a lot to me when i was younger, i think my natural inclination would be to *not* want to see a remake(?)

also, i feel like there was a vastly superior Stephen King based movie released around the same time as Christine, called ‘Cujo’…. Also pertinent: ive never seen Christine.

holy ish, i was just looking at the imdb page for Christine and noticed that a guy i know was in it (!) I guess he played the part of Bemis? Was that a big part?

I'm literally in love with the 1958 Plymouth Fury Christine so I want to see more of her and I want to see it NOW!!!! Bemis is a part of the first introduction to Leigh and I'll always remember him. "I want to have deep, meaningful sex with her".

Well, better see it before the new one comes out.

Speaking of King movies, I hated -- HATED -- The Shining when it came out. Now I've watched it a billion times, give or take a million. Ten years ago when we were at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite, Kubrik had done SUCH a great job recreating the interiors I was looking around corners for Jack Nicholson and the twins. I know King didn't like it, but I didn't much like his "approved" TV movie.

I totally hear that. I do. And while I'm not nearly as excited as the Allfather, this one I am mildly interested in.
The movie is my favorite movie of all time and yet the book is superior so I'm hoping they make it more accurate with the deaths and the possession of Arnie by Lebay. Another cool thing would be including Petunia the pink shirt sucker truck(septic tanker truck) that's in the book. The movie version is the end with the whatever it was running over it. Book is Petunia ramming it.

Well, better see it before the new one comes out.

Speaking of King movies, I hated -- HATED -- The Shining when it came out. Now I've watched it a billion times, give or take a million. Ten years ago when we were at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite, Kubrik had done SUCH a great job recreating the interiors I was looking around corners for Jack Nicholson and the twins. I know King didn't like it, but I didn't much like his "approved" TV movie.

The Shining.. i can remember seeing bits and pieces of it at various times while growing up, since it was on HBO a lot, when HBO was a very new thing.. of course the part I remember most is the Here’s Johnny scene.. then there was a good 30 year period or so wehn i didnt see it at all, then just a couple years ago i watched it in it’s entirety.. i was kinda.. let down.. i guess its one of those things that gets built up so much that you cant help but be disappointed.. also, it seemed very sllooowww.. I’m not opposed to slow movies, or long ones- but it seemed to drag a lot to me.

The movie is my favorite movie of all time and yet the book is superior so I'm hoping they make it more accurate with the deaths and the possession of Arnie by Lebay. Another cool thing would be including Petunia the pink shirt sucker truck(septic tanker truck) that's in the book.
I never actually read the book. It would kind of seem to make sense to go ahead and include things left out of the first one.

I never saw the remake of Pet Sematary but I didn't hear a lot of raves about it. That one didn't really seem to need to be remade either. Just making King more money

I never actually read the book. It would kind of seem to make sense to go ahead and include things left out of the first one.

I never saw the remake of Pet Sematary but I didn't hear a lot of raves about it. That one didn't really seem to need to be remade either. Just making King more money
They hinted at the Lebay possession with the verbal references(calling people shirters just like Lebay) and his physical transformation(eyesight getting better) but they also left out several deaths.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom