They are remaking Christine!!!! (1 Viewer)

why did you hate it at first and what changed your mind?
I don't know exactly. I think I just got older and appreciated things like set design and the fear aspect just from the isolation and didn't put a lot of things together like how Jack Nicholson is in a photograph from the '20s on New Years Eve. I always used to watch DVD extras and listening to people who made the film which I never used to think about stuff like that so I started noticing more when things weren't just blatantly expositioned to me.

I don't know exactly. I think I just got older and appreciated things like set design and the fear aspect just from the isolation and didn't put a lot of things together like how Jack Nicholson is in a photograph from the '20s on New Years Eve. I always used to watch DVD extras and listening to people who made the film which I never used to think about stuff like that so I started noticing more when things weren't just blatantly expositioned to me.
King himself hated it. In the intro of Dr Sleep he goes on about that for like 8 pages. But I can see how it would grow on you.

King himself hated it. But I can see how it would grow on you.
Yeah, which is why I watched the TV remake with great anticipation. Now, Stephen Weber was kinda scary as Brian Hackett in Wings but not in a Jack Torrance kind of way. So whatever point King was trying to make by that version was lost on me.

If I remember correctly my mom saw The Dirty Dozen at least a 100 times at the theaters so I get that part of myself from her. My most watched movie at the theaters list is Young Guns 2/Guardians of the Galaxy at 8 times each.
100 times in a theater?

Yeah, which is why I watched the TV remake with great anticipation. Now, Stephen Weber was kinda scary as Brian Hackett in Wings but not in a Jack Torrance kind of way. So whatever point King was trying to make by that version was lost on me.
I didn’t watch that one, on purpose. Had nothing to do with my fandom of King and everything to do with Nicholson. No mater what King thought of the first, you can’t play that role after Nicholson has

I didn’t watch that one, on purpose. Had nothing to do with my fandom of King and everything to do with Nicholson. No mater what King thought of the first, you can’t play that role after Nicholson has
That's it exactly. Jack took it and made one of the most iconic performances in movies ever. It's just dumb to think you can improve on that whatever you thought altogether about the book versus the movie even though it's King's baby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom