They are remaking Christine!!!! (1 Viewer)

Obviously mine is Christine.
Because it scares you the MOST?

I think I just prefer short stories over long novels, so King's Night Shift is, I think, the only King I've really ever read.

Holy crap, I forgot that Stand By Me is actually from a King story and I love that movie. I hope they don't remake that.

I think I just prefer short stories over long novels, so King's Night Shift is, I think, the only King I've really ever read.

Holy crap, I forgot that Stand By Me is actually from a King story and I love that movie. I hope they don't remake that.
Oh. No, no movie scares me.

He had some great non-horror in those books of short stories. Last Rung On The Ladder is great

He also did a good Sherlock Holmes story...think it is called Watson Solves The Case?

I thought that the Jack scene in the Doctor Sleep movie worked

fun fact the Jack actor was Elliot from ET

(all the recasts for those roles worked the Shelley Duvall and Scatman Crothers stand ins certainly looked the part- the Halloran in particular nailed it)

Well if no one’s gonna mention the Shawshank Redemption, then i guess I’ll mention it… The Shawshank Redemption.

Not only easily the best Stephen King based movie, but probably the 2nd or 3rd best film in the history of cinema, period.

Well if no one’s gonna mention the Shawshank Redemption, then i guess I’ll mention it… The Shawshank Redemption.

Not only easily the best Stephen King based movie, but probably the 2nd or 3rd best film in the history of cinema, period.
I mentioned it in regard to Different Seasons. One of the greatest collections of short stories that 3 of the 4 became movies. The Breathing Method simply would not have made a good movie unless they added a bunch of stuff.

and I agree with your sentiments about Shawshank. I would not put The Green Mile too far behind it though.

I mentioned it in regard to Different Seasons. One of the greatest collections of short stories that 3 of the 4 became movies. The Breathing Method simply would not have made a good movie unless they added a bunch of stuff.

Oh, my mistake.. i guess it’s a good enough movie that it‘s worth mentioning multiple times !

While I like some of King's movie adaptations, I've never been a fan of the horror, mind-fork type movies. I've seen a few, but it's not something really like. The ones I've seen, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Silence of the Lambs, Damien: Omen 2, Poltergeist, The Exorcist, Maximum Overdrive, Cujo parts of Child's Play, and parts of The Shining. I've seen some of Christine but don't think I ever watched from start to finish. I haven't watched a horror flick in a lot of years tho. Just not my cup of tea. I'm very much an action/spy flick kind of guy tho.

Both Shawshank and Green Mile aren’t just both great movies they’re both easily among the best and most faithful book to movie transfers
I bit, and bought The Green Mile one chapter at a time and was not disappointed. Lots of fans wouldn’t though because he still hadn’t gone back and finished the Dark Tower series.

King also wrote a fantasy book called Eyes of the Dragon that was exceptional. King is known for horror but in truth, he is more consistently great at those non horror books because he doesn’t typically fall into his trap of not knowing how to end those as much. But I can’t ever stay mad at him because no other one person has entertained me for so many hours of my life. Rather inexpensive entertainment at that.

King is just too dang prolific.

He also writes a lot.

I bit, and bought The Green Mile one chapter at a time and was not disappointed. Lots of fans wouldn’t though because he still hadn’t gone back and finished the Dark Tower series.

King also wrote a fantasy book called Eyes of the Dragon that was exceptional. King is known for horror but in truth, he is more consistently great at those non horror books because he doesn’t typically fall into his trap of not knowing how to end those as much. But I can’t ever stay mad at him because no other one person has entertained me for so many hours of my life. Rather inexpensive entertainment at that.
How do people generally label King? I mean, he writes SO much, he's almost like a dimestore pulp fiction novelist that we obviously can barely keep up with. It's good stuff but it's not the "great American novel" like a Hemingway -- or maybe Irving is a better analogy since he's a New England-er and a contemporary -- and also because some of the best of it were short stories (or novellas?). And the genre is mostly "horror" and a lot of it fits neatly in there but a lot of it doesn't.

And I'm also forgetting Misery and Delores Claiborne, also movies I'll watch anytime. I can't keep up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom