They're just trolling us now (1 Viewer)

this guy's tweets seem to clear things up:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1466611665584070665|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://saintswire.usatoday.com/lists/saints-vs-cowboys-blindside-block-twitter-reactions/
Gregg Bell@gbellseattle said:
Say again: Because of league's HQ grading, playoff assignments NFL officials have become slaves to strict interpretation of a rule book convoluted up by a competition committee that includes too many folks who never played football. It's making the game unwatchable. Ridiculous.
Gregg Bell@gbellseattle said:
Again, NFL recently re-defined "blindside" block to mean any block thrown with the blocker's back facing the goal line the offense is heading toward. It doesn't really mean "blindside" anymore. Still, that was not it on the Saints there. Awful penalty call.

NFL is tough to watch right now. Every game seems to be determined by a horrendous call. It's to the point that whenever there is a good play I'm just looking for the flag and it's usually there. It's all the games, not just Saints games. Just not fun to watch.

Also, on Pollard's 60 yard run, was our guy not getting held? I think it was Onyemata? Appeared to be getting held by his neck.
Yeah… but maybe Onyemata “played through” the hold… which I learned in a past Saints game eliminates the holding penalty. (*FTR, I’ve never seen that explained that way since it hurt the Saints years ago)

I didn't have the sound on so I just assumed helmet to helmet was maybe what they called. Block in the back never crossed my mind once. Blindside didn't either.

I have had issues with the NFL since the no-call. Obviously.

I know all fan bases in football, both college and pro, think their team is being targeted by the refs.

But when the refs literally make things up, they are blatantly throwing it in our faces..... A crack-back block on a defender going after a stationary player (the quarterback)? Seriously?

Kind'a reminds me of the holding call where the flag was picked up because the Saints defender "ran through" the hold.

It's embarassing that I have spent so much money on football when we see things like this happening. Heh...
Yep. I still watch the Saints (most games) but I don’t watch a minute of any other games and I don’t give the league a dime.

If you think that’s bad. Go look at the 58yd TD run it led to. And tell me if you see #17 hold/block in the back against Carl Granderson. It’s a shame the refs have so much impact on the outcome of games.

it was a hold...he hooked Granderson- was completely out of position and actually turned Granderson...and the only way to do that is with a hold.

The league needs to get up off the money and make the officials full time employees. The game is really becoming hard to watch and these terrible calls are costing teams games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom