Thiesman Bashing the refs on MNF... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He is giving the refs grief during this NE/Minn game...

I ani't a Joe T fan either way, but glad that it's being said.

Joe

I just made a post sorta like this. The refs have STUNK this year, the main reason is because they haven't stunk consistently, its always FOR one team or another.

well guys here's a flash back. That is Larry Nemmers' crew aka the crew we threw beer at against the Rams on MNF in 2001 b/c they sucked also.

i cant watch the game, but i am listening to it on the radio, why are the patriots trying to run up the score? and i hear they are sacking the vikes on ever possession, lol, why are they going so hard? lol its funny tho i like bill belchick

The officiating has been getting worse and worse each year for the past few seasons. They even have things like instant replay and they can't even get that right sometimes.

The officiating has been getting worse and worse each year for the past few seasons. They even have things like instant replay and they can't even get that right sometimes.

Did you see when the Ravens gunner forearm clubbed Melton in the face and there were 4 refs around it and no one saw it. But Payton can see it from the sideline? They are real bad.

Did you see when the Ravens gunner forearm clubbed Melton in the face and there were 4 refs around it and no one saw it. But Payton can see it from the sideline? They are real bad.

Yeah I saw that. That was an obvious personal foul. But Will Smith gets a flag for just shoving a guy a little after the whistle.

I'm not sure if officiating is any worse than it has been. It's been a problem for awhile. I'm glad he's raising the issue. He'll probably be fined if they can find away to do it. I just think the longer the NFL ignores the issue, while worrying about every other minor issue, it becomes more noticeable to all (hopefully).

It's been bad for a while. (Like, ever since Joe Montana and Jerry Rice and the 49-er Huddle) But it's been sporadically bad, sometimes for one side, sometimes the other, with the idea that it balances out over a season. (Unless you're the Saints or Seahawks, in which case the best you can hope for is merely 'bad' officiating.) This year, it's like every game has three or four just mind-bogglingly bad calls, like the Jets fourth-down play or the Tampa offensive line just tackling us all game long...things that happen right in front of a ref and he just pretends not to see it. Or things that just plain didn't happen at all (like Joe Horn's PI call) and the ref making it up from whole cloth.

I'm to the point where I expect a pass interference call on a running play to decide our next game.

Yeah I saw that. That was an obvious personal foul. But Will Smith gets a flag for just shoving a guy a little after the whistle.

And Smith was actually shoving somebody who had just shoved Hollis Thomas, with an official in the foreground looking at the entire exchange.

I think Theesman was angry over the pass Minnesota completed in the right flat, the TE took 4 steps and dropped the ball out of bounds. It was called an incomplete pass, and Minnesota challenged. Theesman said this is a no brainer, the TE established possession, took 4 steps, etc. Challenge was overruled.

Kornheiser asked Theesman at that point if he was willing to publicly denounce instant replay.

If you can't get it right, even with a cheat sheet, just save all of us the headache and do away with the cheat sheet. And what may or may not be reviewed and when it might be reviewed, at what point who makes the decision to review...JUST LOSE THE THING. GET RID OF IT.

And Smith was actually shoving somebody who had just shoved Hollis Thomas, with an official in the foreground looking at the entire exchange.

I think Theesman was angry over the pass Minnesota completed in the right flat, the TE took 4 steps and dropped the ball out of bounds. It was called an incomplete pass, and Minnesota challenged. Theesman said this is a no brainer, the TE established possession, took 4 steps, etc. Challenge was overruled.

Kornheiser asked Theesman at that point if he was willing to publicly denounce instant replay.

If you can't get it right, even with a cheat sheet, just save all of us the headache and do away with the cheat sheet. And what may or may not be reviewed and when it might be reviewed, at what point who makes the decision to review...JUST LOSE THE THING. GET RID OF IT.

Thats not the answer. Replay is the one thing we have to counter the officals. 99% of replay challenges are called right. Thank god we have it or it would be unbearable to watch games with the way the refs are nowadays.

Why are there so many refs on the field now anyway? It would be so easy to have 11 video refs to watch each match up via a video setup who can make calls down to the 2 or 3 field level.

Thats not the answer. Replay is the one thing we have to counter the officals. 99% of replay challenges are called right. Thank god we have it or it would be unbearable to watch games with the way the refs are nowadays.

Last night they didn't get the call correct even with replay. Why waste the time, disrupt the flow of the game, etc. etc. if you can't even get the call right ? If your number of 99% was actual fact, I'd agree with you, but I have serious doubts that it's anywhere close to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom