Thieves Drilling Holes In Gas Tanks (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Thieves Drilling Holes In Gas Tanks - News Story - KCTV Kansas City

Its easy money until...

Exploding_Car.jpg475B9884-1EF2-49B3-898CC91DA79AD0D1.jpgLarge.jpg

You'd think drilling through metal would cause enough sparks to ignite it every time. Why not just syphon it?

Let them find out on their own. You get a new vehicle, and they get to be reborn somewhere else.

most new cars have plastic tanks

If you use a battery operated drill the drill will ignite it unless it's an explosion proof drill. If they can afford that type drill they shouldn't need to steal gas. Of course they could always steal the drill :hihi:

I usually use those old type hand crank drills, DEWALT is too expensive for me

they wouln'd get enough gas out of my tank to make it worth while. ;)

Joe

I wonder if you drill into a section of tank that is below the gas line whether it will ignite easily.
I mean it's the fumes that combust, not the liquid.
Plus, if you spray the drilling area with coolant (water maybe), it might not get hot enough to spark. But then you get water in your gas container you plan on dumping into.

I wonder if you drill into a section of tank that is below the gas line whether it will ignite easily.
Plus, if you spray the drilling area with coolant (water maybe), it might not get hot enough to spark. But then you get water in your gas container you plan on dumping into.

If you have to put that much effort into it, why not just get a job? :idunno:

Sounds like a good idea for an episode of Mythbusters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom