Things are perfectly set up.... (1 Viewer)

60minutes

Camp Body
Reaction score
for us to be the team to defeat the Falcons at home. First, there are some things that need to happen to make the game matter. Obviously, there's the hope that the Bucs can defeat the Falcons next week. I think with the Bucs coming off a loss, and trying to fight for their playoff lives, it might be enough for them to defeat the Falcons. I won't dwell too much on this scenario because it is MORE IMPORTANT for the Saints to continue to play well and try to win out. It is possible though it is not easy. There's not a team that we can take lightly on our schedule. I think we capable of beating them all and at the same time capable of losing to them all.

That said, if we do win over the next three weeks, and the Falcons drop the game Sunday to the Bucs, then it allows us to become that team to put the second loss up on Matty Ice's home record. I think that's kind of the positive to take away from Green Bay's loss yesterday. If they beat the Falcons, then I think it would be that much harder for us as the Falcons would want to make sure that losing at home does not become a trend. If we can move into a tie with them going into our game on Monday night, then it makes that game even more important and there would be nothing nicer than to be that team--not the Bucs, Ravens, or Packers--to give them what could likely be their only loss at home since the only other team they play at home in the final five weeks is Carolina.

And think about it, the deck would likely be set against us. Under the above scenario, we would both enter the game at 11-3 with not only the division on the line but also homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Falcons would be favored and mostly everyone would choose them based upon their stellar home record with matt Ryan at the helm. And to go in on a Monday night with so much on the line and move them from being the #1 seed in the conference to the #5 seed would be nothing short of gratifying!

Prime time game as well vs the falcons, For some reason I get the feeling of that patriots game especially if things shake out that way.

Nothing is set up.

That game is December 27.

So, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

For now, the Bengals are in wait at their home.

ddd

Something else I was thinking about, the falcons have gone through the season relatively unscathed on the injury front, or so it would seem... This leads me to believe they have players that are playing through injuries, giving them a higher chance of their roster dwindling down as we head into the playoffs. SP has been very cautious with the Saints personnel, making sure they're at full strength for the playoff run. Also, the Saints have backups with playing time, giving the backups more experience. The falcons backups have hardly seen the field, which will not bode well when their number is called. I can easily see this catching up with them in the next few weeks and getting worse as we progress toward the playoffs.

Just a random thought that made sense to me.

2 road games before Atlanta.

The high for the Bengals game is expected to be 36

No telling what kind of weather awaits in Baltimore.

The Falcons have 3 road games in a row and their is good chance they will lose 1 if not 2. But, right now to use a Tennis term, it's still ad-Falcons.

Nothing is set up.

That game is December 27.

So, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

For now, the Bengals are in wait at their home.

ddd

2 road games before Atlanta.

The high for the Bengals game is expected to be 36

No telling what kind of weather awaits in Baltimore.

These points are not lost on me. But beating Atlanta at home really would not have anything to do with the games we play before we travel to Atlanta. Now, of course, you want to win those games and you want Atlanta to at least drop a game before we play them. But given Green Bay's loss yesterday, and considering that Atlanta's only other home game is against Carolina, then that sets us up as the team that could possibly beat them at in their own home.

These points are not lost on me. But beating Atlanta at home really would not have anything to do with the games we play before we travel to Atlanta.

Maybe so, but if we don't win the two before Atlanta, it won't matter for a hill of beans how we do that day.

Cincy is our problem right now, and I hate it when fans look ahead. Lets get our minds on the current target.

ddd

I still can't find if the Falcons game will be on, in New Orleans, at 3. I know we are going to be on for noon. There are two games on at 3. One game is Oakland and San Diego, why?? I could care less. The other is TBA, and they have the Saints game as TBA also??. They better have the Atlanta game on at 3 and not a freakin Manning game!!!

Things are not ideal. The Saints have the second toughest remaining schedule (of playoff teams) and the Falcons have the second easiest. Magic number to secure a playoff spot for the Saints is 4 and that should be the focus.

Maybe so, but if we don't win the two before Atlanta, it won't matter for a hill of beans how we do that day.

Cincy is our problem right now, and I hate it when fans look ahead. Lets get our minds on the current target.

ddd

I agree. Because I know i'll be out on the field suited up just like you. We'll probably get arrested though.

For a team that got blown out by the Cardinals and beat at home by the Browns, we can't look at our remaining games and think any of them are given wins. If we end up in a tie with the Falcons by the time we play them again, then we can talk about what beating them will mean.

Something else I was thinking about, the falcons have gone through the season relatively unscathed on the injury front, or so it would seem... This leads me to believe they have players that are playing through injuries, giving them a higher chance of their roster dwindling down as we head into the playoffs. SP has been very cautious with the Saints personnel, making sure they're at full strength for the playoff run. Also, the Saints have backups with playing time, giving the backups more experience. The falcons backups have hardly seen the field, which will not bode well when their number is called. I can easily see this catching up with them in the next few weeks and getting worse as we progress toward the playoffs.

Just a random thought that made sense to me.

Um. That's wrong. We lost our incredibly fast all-purpose back and KO return man Norwood at the beginning of the season. Abe missed a game. Weatherspoon was out a few games. Robinson was out a couple as well. Jenkins missed nearly half the season and is just getting his stride again.

Our 'backups' have played alot. Maybe you can point out the ones who didnt get the PT so far? We rotate our DL, so everybody plays. Nicholas is our primary backup at LB and he plays alot as well. Coleman is a vet. Virtually all our DBs have played significant minutes at one point or another.

Maybe you're speaking of our backup QB? I suppose one can wish...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom