Things Kids Say (1 Viewer)

My son used a lot of alternate words when he was little. A Band-aid was a banjo. When he was being rocked to sleep he would ask my mother to sing A Grass and Grapes. That would be Amazing Grace. He called a hot dog bun a sponge. Once he asked if he could have a hot dog, so I asked him, "Do you want it cut up on a plate or do you want it on a sponge?" He said, "Just cold in my hand."

Remember when you were a kid and would eat hot dogs cold from the fridge? That idea is just repulsive now.

I don't remember doing that but our 3 year old does that. It's just gross. The hot dogs we get have cheese inside them so that just makes it worse.

He says hilarious things all the time and I wonder where he got them from. Sometimes I realize it comes from me like when I asked him once what he wanted for breakfast b/c I had forgotten what he said he said "I told you three times, I'm not telling you again". I just busted out laughing.

I remember a camping trip years ago when I was a teenager. There were four of us teenagers there, and my baby cousin Tiffany was throwing rocks at us. She was told to stop. Twice. And the third time her dad said, "Tiff, that's it!" She turned to him with her hands on her hips and said, "I told you and told you, and don't you do it no more!" to her father in the sassiest most mocking tone imaginable. Who got the beating? All four of us big kids for laughing.

About a month ago, my son, who will be 3 in February BTW, told me that his Poppa Sam(his mom's dad) couldn't come see him because he is at the bar drinkin. I laughed hysterically.

He later told my buddy that we were going to the bar to drink. My buddy said "we can't cause we're broke." So, for the next few days he told everybody that we couldn't go to the bar and drink cause we're broke.

My hubby, after working 16 hours straight, came home tired. He showered then went to bed. Before he fell asleep, our 6 year old walks into the restroom, then walks out with her hands on her side and an angry look on her face and shakes her head. Then she says "You left your clothes on the floor. You are old enough to pick up after yourself. I am very disappointed in you. Mom, you are not going to be happy about this."

Last month was her birthday. She wanted an American Girl doll. Well I told her that I am not spending that much money on a doll until she can prove that she is responsible enough to take good care of it. So I bought her the generic one at Walmart for $25.00. She was super excited that she had the doll and didn't care that it wasn't an actual American Girl. Well a couple of days after her b-day, her doll was "sleeping" on hubby's recliner. Hubby takes the doll off his recliner and tosses it onto the sofa and she saw the whole thing. :covri: She walks up to him and says "Daddy, do you have any idea how much that cost you? Well let me tell you, they are very expensive, and this one is cheap compared to the real one. What if it would have broke? I can see why mom doesn't want to spend so much money on the real one. You need to be more responsible. Now if you would excuse me, you woke her up from her nap, and she is not in a great mood." (I thought hubby would never stop laughing)

I don't remember doing that but our 3 year old does that. It's just gross. The hot dogs we get have cheese inside them so that just makes it worse.

He says hilarious things all the time and I wonder where he got them from. Sometimes I realize it comes from me like when I asked him once what he wanted for breakfast b/c I had forgotten what he said he said "I told you three times, I'm not telling you again". I just busted out laughing.

Holy Crap, where you been? KOS take you off of grounding?

I was telling my 4 year old daughter all of the places where her close relatives live. My brother (at the time) lived in Miami. After I told her she said "Uncle __________ lives in Your-ami?"<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
My son's Gram(his mom's mom) was redirecting him and, even though we are against it, started counting. You know how some parents do that? They for some reason give their kids until the count of three to respond appropriately. Anyway, she said "One!", he said "two, three, I'm gonna spank your *** if you don't get over here", then proceeded to spank her and tell her to go to her room.

I think to myself "what a ******". Then, right on cue, my sons almost yells for all to hear, "HAA HAA, He has a pink shirt on Daddy, HAA HAA He's a girl!! HAA HAA". I was proud, horrified, and trying not to laugh all at once.

just looking for some clarification here - what exactly were you proud of?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom