Things must change , But keep this defense intact (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Cooks , Stills , Sproles , Robinson , Graham , Ivory , Hill , TH7 , Bridgewater , Callaway , Thomas , Kamara , heck Payton could make an offense work with pocket lint and 3 paperclips.

But this is the one isolated time since 2009 we have been able to field a competent defense , and had it not been for an aging Drew Brees it would've been enough for at least 2 superbowls.

I don't want to see Lattimore go anywhere. I don't want to see Hendrickson go anywhere. I don't want to see Alexander go anywhere. I don't want to see Marcus Williams go anywhere.

I can stomach a trade where Jordan goes somewhere , but the young talented guys here need to stay.

I know the dynamic of the team is going to change , but I'd opt for a less invasive approach.

Taysom ain't the answer. Trade him

Peat has significant trade value to the rest of the league , but we know better. Trade him

Armstead is one of the best LT in the game. But he's hurt too often. Getting older isn't going to help that. Put him on the block , see what you can get back.

Heck , theres been games we've had to play without them , and I didn't see any big difference.

I want to retool. Let's get younger , build around Jameis and keep a defense around him.

Leon’s probably not ready for the start of the season - depending on Baun’s development we at least need another legit 3down lb

Maybe, but great left tackles are so hard to come by, and draft picks represent uncertainty. Even with the injuries armstead's nearly untradable imo.

I do think the rest of your post was completely on point though.

Resign our defensive talent (Lattimore, Hendrickson if possible Williams) restructure the contracts of some vets (Peat, Armstead, Jordan) to help resign Ram and just keep building through the draft, we have to get younger because younger IS cheaper and we are trying to keep this team together so pay that 2017 class and keep moving into the future with good picks in this upcoming 2020 draft.

We won’t be able to resign Hendrickson and it’s going to be hard to match any offer Marcus Williams gets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom