Things that annoy the crap out of you. (1 Viewer)

1. ra (He tried to impersonate Angela)

2. When you order a burger and ask them to hold the veggies and they forget to hold the veggies!

I want to scream "hey, you weren't expecting to have to PAY????" It's as if when the cashier gives the total, there's this pause as if that part wasn't expected....:rant: :rant: :rant:

My Dad actually asked a lady this at a grocery store (I think he said, "Did you think they were going to give it to you for free?"). Embarrassing for the teenager at the time...freaking money now that I look back on it.

i hate when old people approach my son in the grocery to tell him how cute he is.....go away old creepy people.....leave my son alone....can't you see he doesn't like you???

It annoys me when posters have superiority complexes. Drives me nuts. :hihi:
But it doesn't bother me enough to get banned, though.

I am also annoyed by the fact that everytime I say something good about someone or something, they make a liar out of me. For example:

• Holly, our new puppy, has been doing great with house-training. She really understands that she has her spot, which is in the backyard, and she holds it real well. "Here, hold her, dad". Dude, Holly wet my dad up like she had been holding it for centuries. :hihi:
  • After the first score of the Rams game - "man, we are going to kill them". :( We know how that turned out.
  • Our employees are the best. Professional, experienced, mature. We interrupt this fantasy to remind you that you just terminated two of them for having, um, relations in the stairwell of one of the fire exits in your building. :covri:
Annoying.

it's annoying when i have the last post on a page and nobody sees it.....

and since it was :lucien: who caused it, that bothers me even more

:hihi:

The WSJ had an article Monday on this topic. When national leaders interchange "myself" with "I" or "me" to avoid choosing between pronoun error, I am tempted to strike them from my list immediately. They all do it. Reading transcripts of politicians from 90 years ago and before shows that our language has reached its lowest common denominator.

"Is our children learning?"
-George Bush

I absolutely love when people on television (i.e.: "journalists" -- ha ha, I know) as well as politicians (who, for the most part, HAD to pass some kind of English class at the post-secondary level) think that they have to look intelligent, so they hit us with a "between you and I".

I wish I had an automatic buzzer to drop on them in front of a national audience. Plus, they would automatically lose their jobs or the jobs they seek on the spot.

I swear to God -- if I couldn't get away with it in high school composition, people who make 10 times or more than I do better not try it.

When I am in Wal-Mart parking lot or a gas station and some meth/crack head comes up to me wanting a dollar. I'm going to get killed one day because it sends me to another dimension of ****** off and I'm not afraid to show it. I would knock their teeth if they had any.

Oh yeah, I don't want to buy your stupid ****ing rap demo that is so good that you have to drive around in a 1985 Buick with blown speakers trying to sell it in Wal-Mart's parking lot. No, this does not mean I might be interested in a gold chain that is either stolen or fake.

When I am in Wal-Mart parking lot or a gas station and some meth/crack head comes up to me wanting a dollar. I'm going to get killed one day because it sends me to another dimension of ****** off and I'm not afraid to show it. I would knock their teeth if they had any.

Oh yeah, I don't want to buy your stupid ****ing rap demo that is so good that you have to drive around in a 1985 Buick with blown speakers trying to sell it in Wal-Mart's parking lot. No, this does not mean I might be interested in a gold chain that is either stolen or fake.

Somebody in a van tried to sell me speakers in front of a Home Depot once. As somebody who neither needed speakers nor would appreciate having my stolen things sold on the black market, I passed.

But geez...get a clue...at least try to sell stolen things in front of a place that sells similar things. All I wanted was a box of nails.

ATM Procedures - Men vs Women

<hr class="menub" noshade="noshade"> MALE PROCEDURE:
  1. Drive up to the cash machine.
  2. Put down your car window.
  3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.
  4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.
  5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.
  6. Put window up.
  7. Drive off.
FEMALE PROCEDURE:
  1. Drive up to cash machine.
  2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.
  3. Set parking brake, put the window down.
  4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.
  5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up
  6. Attempt to insert card into machine.
  7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.
  8. Insert card.
  9. Re-insert card the right way.
  10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.
  11. Enter PIN.
  12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.
  13. Enter amount of cash required.
  14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.
  15. Retrieve cash and receipt.
  16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.
  17. Write debit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.
  18. Re-check makeup.
  19. Drive forward 2 feet.
  20. Reverse back to cash machine.
  21. Retrieve card.
  22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.
  23. Give dirty look to irate male driver waiting behind you.
  24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.
  25. Redial person on cell phone.
  26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.
  27. Release Parking Brake.
<hr class="menub" noshade="noshade">

I've found some good music that way actually. One time in the mall in Dallas and once in Oakwood on the westbank. Both are still in my car to this day and still get regular play time.:shrug:

One of my pet peeves: After waiting in a long grocery line, the person ahead of me STANDS THERE the entire time her huge order is being scanned and bagged. Only when the total is given to her does she start to slowly open her purse (which can house a small child), search through fruitlessly for her wallet, FINALLY finds it, and either flips through the cards to find the right one, starts filling out a check (only after an equally long search for a pen; never mind that the clerk offered her one), or painstakingly counts out the cash (which of course means getting rid of the 22 lbs. of coins she is carrying). There's an added step if she found the correct card: she cannot seem to get the card scanned correctly, even with the clerk's futile attempt at assistance; bonus time if she has to try another card. AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I said "she"....I have never seen a man do this. Only once was there a man who insisted he was running his card through the machine correctly (it was backwards), and wouldn't listen to the clerk. But at least he had his card READY!!!! Gotta give this to the guys; they are ready to pay and get the heck out of there!

I want to scream "hey, you weren't expecting to have to PAY????" It's as if when the cashier gives the total, there's this pause as if that part wasn't expected....:rant: :rant: :rant:

Okay, I feel better now. This thread is quite therapeutic! :hihi:

I know - that one really annoys me too. Then she packs her groceries and kids and leave the store and right when she exits about ½ foot outside the door she make a full stop and start to check her bill never minding the people behind her trying to exit as well. The same can be said of people exiting a bus or tram, They stop the second they are out to find their directions never minding the other people trying to get off...

Second the therapeutic value of thread...:9:.

My Dad actually asked a lady this at a grocery store (I think he said, "Did you think they were going to give it to you for free?"). Embarrassing for the teenager at the time...freaking money now that I look back on it.

Your dad...:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Oh, I wish I had the guts to say that sometime...

3. The Slow Turner - Why does it take so long for these people to turn into where they are going. You see them turn and think hurry up so i dont have to break my speed. They have plenty of time before you get there but it never fails, I always have to break for these clowns. I hate you.

Umm, you do realize that people slow down at a turn so they don't go crashing into the other car on the street they are turning onto, or into someone's house and end up on looking like a retard on the news because they crashed into said house after speeding through a turn?....just askin' and sorry for the run-on.

Anyway, the only two things that I can think of that really annoy me are stupidity and bad puns. I hate the latter far more. I dunno, it's just something about someone (especially a comedian) saying a bad pun that drives me crazy. I could problably think of a few more things, but I am tired right now.

What annoys the hell out of me are groups of people. Individually people can be smart or stupid, but a group of people are guaranteed to not know what's going on.

What annoys the hell out of me are groups of people. Individually people can be smart or stupid, but a group of people are guaranteed to not know what's going on.

Actually, that's a very keen sociological observation, and I agree.
:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom