Things that annoy the crap out of you. (1 Viewer)

What is annoying me lately is this lassez-faire attitude teachers are taking. My son had a spelling test. 10 words. He missed 3, but got a 10 out of 10 because he got the important IDEA of the word right.

***?!?!?!?

This new Math/Spelling craze about "getting the idea right is more important than the right answer" is bullcrap and is hurting our kids.

I mean, of all things, Math and Spelling are black and white. You either got it wrong, or got it right. No gray area, unless you want to argue color vs. colour. So these teachers coddle these kids because they are too scared of scarring them by giving them a bad grade.

man, your kids teacher is a lot more lenient than my kids teacher..
the only thing like that my kids teacher does is if she gets an F on a test, she gets to retake the test, then she averages the 2 grades.. (3rd grade).

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2

Spelling is actually quite a bit more complex than that. Do some research on English Language Spelling Reform and the history of standardized spelling. Long story short: Our language is a phonetic mess. Which is to be expected when you have a Germanic language that gets camped out on by the French for about three hundred years while the courts and churches were speaking in Latin. That's bound to create some confusion.

But I digress: My point is, spelling isn't that black and white. It never has been. You didn't really see a push towards standard reforms in English until the 17th century. Then you had a second big push in the 19th century. A lot of compromises were made, and the end result is tons of silent letters (which you barely see in other languages) and other phonetic and morphological oddities.

Spelling is actually quite a bit more complex than that. Do some research on English Language Spelling Reform and the history of standardized spelling. Long story short: Our language is a phonetic mess. Which is to be expected when you have a Germanic language that gets camped out on by the French for about three hundred years while the courts and churches were speaking in Latin. That's bound to create some confusion.

But I digress: My point is, spelling isn't that black and white. It never has been. You didn't really see a push towards standard reforms in English until the 17th century. Then you had a second big push in the 19th century. A lot of compromises were made, and the end result is tons of silent letters (which you barely see in other languages) and other phonetic and morphological oddities.

Whatever. When an 8 year old spells chicken as checkin, and he gets counted as having it right because he got the idea of the word right, then we have a problem. I'm not talking about some high schooler spelling honor as honour.

An 8 year old. Chicken. He spelled it Checkin. And HE GOT IT RIGHT! Stupid lazy teachers.

I realised your point by the colour of your tone.

What is annoying me lately is this lassez-faire attitude teachers are taking. My son had a spelling test. 10 words. He missed 3, but got a 10 out of 10 because he got the important IDEA of the word right.

***?!?!?!?

This new Math/Spelling craze about "getting the idea right is more important than the right answer" is bullcrap and is hurting our kids.

I mean, of all things, Math and Spelling are black and white. You either got it wrong, or got it right. No gray area, unless you want to argue color vs. colour. So these teachers coddle these kids because they are too scared of scarring them by giving them a bad grade.

Do you realize how many grammatical errors are in your post?
It doesn't matter as much as you think it matters. They'll get bye...

Stupid-*** Cowgirls fans. I had to leave the bar last night during MNF because one was *****ing and moaning about pink for breast cancer awareness. Some of his statements:

"They wear this crap like every other month" - no, only in October because it's breast cancer awareness month

"Why does it have to be pink? That's so stupid" - no, you're stupid. Pink is the color designated long before it was recognized by the NFL

"It's just a stupid idea. Football players shouldn't be doing this" - no, not at all because football players are men and they can't get breast cancer plus none of them have mothers, sisters, aunts, daughters, or a wife that may be impacted.

"They're actually taking money away from the research by having all the pink stuff. They'd raise much more money by having a moment of silence" - yeah, how many people would be aware over that rather than seeing all the pink on the field? And pink stuff is usually autographed and auctioned or donated for auction with the proceeds going to breast cancer research.

It went on. It ****** me off so I left. I'm pretty sure he frequents cowboys.com website as well.

oh, god, how long will this list be.

1. People who text while driving.
2. People who stop in the middle of the aisle at the store to text.
3. Espn.
4. People who don't park their cars in the drive way making it a pita to get down a street.
5. Emo people on facebook who cry about being lonely etc. (seriously, just stop it already)
6. Women who complain about not being able to find a nice man over social media when they friend-zoned multiple "nice guys".
7. Men who are trying to prove that "i'm not like the rest of the guys to women"(stop it)
8. Tuesday maintenance on any given blizzard game.
9. Saints losses.
10. Picking up fast food for my lovely mom and having to check the bag to make sure the order is right.
11. T.v commercials.
12. Winter break for your favorite t.v show.
13. Goodell.
14. Women that make duck faces while posing for pictures.
15. Bad mmo players that die to the fire, poison pool, green/black goo.
16. Anything related to the atlanta falcons.
17. Lack of sleep.
18. Whoever keeps calling my phone the past two years asking for a "renika johnson" despite telling them over 750 times they have the wrong number.
19. Drama, especially those who create it, those who need it to function.
20. American idol, why can't that show just go bye bye?
21. Fox axing 24 and terminator sarah conor chronicles.
22. People who constantly talk about work.
23. Getting trolled thinking i caught a redfish but its really a hard head catfish.
24. Mark ingram up the middle for a 2yard gain.
25. Countless hollywood remakes.
26. Lsu's passing game.

lmao @ # 18!!

"could care less" ....drives me insane

It's could NOT care less.

- People that don't use turn signals

- People that smoke around children, especially in cars. And people that smoke in public with no regard for others

- People that let their cats roam the neighborhood, taking dumps in people's yards and I have to clean up, THEIR cats poop.

- People that pull out in front of you from an intersection and go slow, and when you look in your review mirror, there is nothing behind you. Also, when you try to pass said person going slow, they suddenly decide to speed up.

- People that ride their bikes in the middle of the street, causing traffic issues and risking their own life, when there is a sidewalk.

- People that show up 5 minutes before a parade and set up shop directly in front of people that have been camped out for hours.

- When standing at a long grocery store line and a new register opens, people standing behind me or others rush to that line rather than letting the people that were there first have the option to move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom