Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
from Cracked

One of mine was years ago. I was driving past my old high school, that wasn't odd at the time I had to drive past it every day to get to work

There were a bunch of kids waiting at the corner to cross the street. Looking at them it occurred to me that someone who was born on my first day of high school was now in high school. That was when I ws 27/28 so it didn't make me feel "old" but definitely made me realize that time was passing

Having trouble remembering what someone told me last week but having total recall of a sitcom theme song from 35 years ago

Something else I always hear was when you get to the point that you don't recognize the host or musical guest on Saturday Night Live - you're old

old1.jpg

old3.jpg

old2.jpg

I was just talking about this one last week, watching older movies and identifying more with the adults

Came across this talking about the Little Mermaid

mermaid.gif

Ariel: Daddy, I love him!

Me at 14: Yeah, girl, you tell him!

Me at 30:
old4.gif

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My new cute coworker that was hired this fall. That was my third grade student.....
The parents of two of my co-workers are friends of mine from high school. My co-workers are 25 and 30. My kids are 18 and 8 :covri:

Last edited:
OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Caffeine used to not affect me at all

I used to be able to drink gallon of coffee or soda right before going to bed and still fall fast asleep

Now if I have a sip of either past 8pm I'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling for a long while

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any time I see a movie with a payphone, it seems so old--for instance, when the reporters in "Airplane!" all run to the bank of payphones, and the whole row collapses. It won't be long before nobody will recognize payphones. Chokes will probably have a longer life because of snowblowers.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Caffeine used to not affect me at all

I used to be able to drink gallon of coffee or soda right before going to bed and still fall fast asleep

Now if I have a sip of either past 8pm I'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling for a long while
I know. This absolutely sucks as I have been a lifelong lover of all things caffeine. I would give up any of my vices but dang being less tolerant of caffeine is a horrible way to go

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know. This absolutely sucks as I have been a lifelong lover of all things caffeine. I would give up any of my vices but dang being less tolerant of caffeine is a horrible way to go
Indeed. I drink a cup of coffee to start each day. It's hard to imagine giving that up.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What makes me feel old? Not remembering I had already posted in this thread and then searching and realizing I had posted in this thread 13 times.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
just listing on the Jobs thread made me feel old.

Writing insurance for a client who tells me his DOB is 1989 ( year i graduated high school ) or 1990s. I keep forgetting they are in their late 20s early 30s lol

oh yeah and my 12 year old daughter who is quick to remind me i will be 55 when she graduates High School.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any time I see a movie with a payphone, it seems so old--for instance, when the reporters in "Airplane!" all run to the bank of payphones, and the whole row collapses. It won't be long before nobody will recognize payphones. Chokes will probably have a longer life because of snowblowers.
and chainsaws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom