Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
from Cracked

One of mine was years ago. I was driving past my old high school, that wasn't odd at the time I had to drive past it every day to get to work

There were a bunch of kids waiting at the corner to cross the street. Looking at them it occurred to me that someone who was born on my first day of high school was now in high school. That was when I ws 27/28 so it didn't make me feel "old" but definitely made me realize that time was passing

Having trouble remembering what someone told me last week but having total recall of a sitcom theme song from 35 years ago

Something else I always hear was when you get to the point that you don't recognize the host or musical guest on Saturday Night Live - you're old

old1.jpg

old3.jpg

old2.jpg

I was just talking about this one last week, watching older movies and identifying more with the adults

Came across this talking about the Little Mermaid

mermaid.gif

Ariel: Daddy, I love him!

Me at 14: Yeah, girl, you tell him!

Me at 30:
old4.gif

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
just listing on the Jobs thread made me feel old.

Writing insurance for a client who tells me his DOB is 1989 ( year i graduated high school ) or 1990s. I keep forgetting they are in their late 20s early 30s lol

oh yeah and my 12 year old daughter who is quick to remind me i will be 55 when she graduates High School.
Stop whining, I'll be 70 when my daughter graduates high school :hihi:

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any time I see a movie with a payphone, it seems so old--for instance, when the reporters in "Airplane!" all run to the bank of payphones, and the whole row collapses. It won't be long before nobody will recognize payphones. Chokes will probably have a longer life because of snowblowers.
It won’t be long until it’s landline phones too

And I think it’s already that way for rotary phones

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
Ok this is a new reason. What is the story behind all of these TwistedTea memes that are filling up FB and Twitter? My son sent me a few and I had to play dumb.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok this is a new reason. What is the story behind all of these TwistedTea memes that are filling up FB and Twitter? My son sent me a few and I had to play dumb.
This makes me feel old because in the olden days, this would have been called a PR stunt.

Nobody called the police? The guy had nothing worse than a bloody nose? Everybody suddenly knows there's a product named Twisted Tea that they never heard of before? I am skeptical.

Last edited:

GeauxWhoDats

Insert Clever Title Here
Reaction score
This makes me feel old because in the olden days, this would have been called a PR stunt.

Nobody called the police? The guy had nothing worse than a bloody nose? Everybody suddenly knows there's a product named Twisted Tea that they never heard of before? I am skeptical.
I still don't know what you are referring to. Someone gave someone a bloody nose with a can of tea?

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
when i graduated hs my mom attended her holy angels 20 yr reunion and i thought, wow, kind of a fossil (38)

then i blinked and was at my 25th and a few years later she went to 50 :oops:

she's still around and i'm looking at my own 50th late this decade o_O

ally sheedy and matthew broderick in wargames said:
wow, [dr. falken]'s amazing! he wasn't very old.

no, he was pretty old. he was 41.

oh yeah? oh, that's old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom