Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
from Cracked

One of mine was years ago. I was driving past my old high school, that wasn't odd at the time I had to drive past it every day to get to work

There were a bunch of kids waiting at the corner to cross the street. Looking at them it occurred to me that someone who was born on my first day of high school was now in high school. That was when I ws 27/28 so it didn't make me feel "old" but definitely made me realize that time was passing

Having trouble remembering what someone told me last week but having total recall of a sitcom theme song from 35 years ago

Something else I always hear was when you get to the point that you don't recognize the host or musical guest on Saturday Night Live - you're old

old1.jpg

old3.jpg

old2.jpg

I was just talking about this one last week, watching older movies and identifying more with the adults

Came across this talking about the Little Mermaid

mermaid.gif

Ariel: Daddy, I love him!

Me at 14: Yeah, girl, you tell him!

Me at 30:
old4.gif

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Holding my granddaughter for the first time and realizing that I was now a "grandma"

Having colleagues at work who are 10 years younger than my daughter and who were born after I got my college degree and my first job...

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Oh. Being "yes, ma'am"d by my nephew's GF. Told her she can call me "Miss Marsha" if she HAS to give me a title, but "ma'am" is totally off limits.
i use ma'am and sir all the time. you could be 5 years old and i will say it. that is how i was raised.

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a kid and obsessed over all the new models every year. Motorcycle tech has come a long way since then but there's a certain charm about the old non-electronically controlled two strokes. There's now tons of youtube channels and videos dedicated to restoring the 'classic' 30 year old bikes from my childhood dreams. So weird.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a kid and obsessed over all the new models every year. Motorcycle tech has come a long way since then but there's a certain charm about the old non-electronically controlled two strokes. There's now tons of youtube channels and videos dedicated to restoring the 'classic' 30 year old bikes from my childhood dreams. So weird.
kx 125 was a large part of my teens. i miss that bike.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom