Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
from Cracked

One of mine was years ago. I was driving past my old high school, that wasn't odd at the time I had to drive past it every day to get to work

There were a bunch of kids waiting at the corner to cross the street. Looking at them it occurred to me that someone who was born on my first day of high school was now in high school. That was when I ws 27/28 so it didn't make me feel "old" but definitely made me realize that time was passing

Having trouble remembering what someone told me last week but having total recall of a sitcom theme song from 35 years ago

Something else I always hear was when you get to the point that you don't recognize the host or musical guest on Saturday Night Live - you're old

old1.jpg

old3.jpg

old2.jpg

I was just talking about this one last week, watching older movies and identifying more with the adults

Came across this talking about the Little Mermaid

mermaid.gif

Ariel: Daddy, I love him!

Me at 14: Yeah, girl, you tell him!

Me at 30:
old4.gif

IceHot

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just the other day or so I was explaining...

• (to a co-worker) I saw Battlestar Galactica in the theaters with Quadraphonic Sound.
  • (to a friend) I admitted my favorite Angel was Jaclyn Smith.
  • (to my son) Mr. Phelps picking Cinnamon, Barney, Martin Landau, and Willy was the way you build an Impossible Mission Force.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I had a KX80 "Big Wheel" model. Fun times.
AS a kid in the "70's we used to take the younger kids big wheels and have suicide runs down the hill that lead to the circle we lived on trying to crash the others. I still have scars on my arms from scrabiung the hide off my arms and legs.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
At 44, having a 17 year-old son and a 16 year-old daughter is aging me by the second. 😵

Class rings, letterman jackets, $$$$ for this, $$$$ for that, tuition, can I go to the movies with this boy, can I take this girl out to eat ( before COVID), can I take the car, can you buy us a car, I’m my own woman, I need a new iPhone, dad, why do you have ulcers?

:covri:

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At 44, having a 17 year-old son and a 16 year-old daughter is aging me by the second. 😵

Class rings, letterman jackets, $$$$ for this, $$$$ for that, tuition, can I go to the movies with this boy, can I take this girl out to eat ( before COVID), can I take the car, can you buy us a car, I’m my own woman, I need a new iPhone, dad, why do you have ulcers?

Today, right now, I have never been more glad I don't have kids.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Yup, 59 with two kids ages 18 & 8. $$$$ for the 18 year-old in college and the 8 year-old in private school, which so far has remained open, so my wife can teach remotely. As far as retirement, there ain't no light at the end of my tunnel save a miracle. But I'm open to that as a retirement plan...

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i use ma'am and sir all the time. you could be 5 years old and i will say it. that is how i was raised.
I refuse to allow anyone to call me sir. If they do I tell them not to because usually when I hear the word sir it's been preceded by "May I see your license and registration please?"

saintmdterps

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a kid and obsessed over all the new models every year. Motorcycle tech has come a long way since then but there's a certain charm about the old non-electronically controlled two strokes. There's now tons of youtube channels and videos dedicated to restoring the 'classic' 30 year old bikes from my childhood dreams. So weird.
Not a dirt bile but I had a '77 Kawasaki KZ1000 with both kick and electric start. Also had a jet kit, was bored out to 1105cc, Vance & Hines pipes, 7mm plug wires, etc. I loved that motorcycle.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Oh, also, knowing stupid things like what the 27 amendments to the Constitution are.
In high school, I competed in a speech/oratory contest hosted by the American Legion. I was coached by my speech teacher and my civics teacher. The entire contest was about the Constitution. 2 phases in each round, phase 1 was. prepared speech about a particular aspect of the Constitution with the subject being your choice. Phase 2 was an extemporaneous speech where you drew the topic (about the Constitution) out of a hat and then had 30 minutes to prepare a five-minute talk about that subject. Each phase was timed and graded.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i use ma'am and sir all the time. you could be 5 years old and i will say it. that is how i was raised.
Here's the thing, though, I thought we were, you know, allowed to pick our own preferred pronouns and genders and stuff. Oh. I guess that's only for the Millennials. That makes me feel old.

Next person that calls me "ma'am", I'm gonna be triggered.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In high school, I competed in a speech/oratory contest hosted by the American Legion. I was coached by my speech teacher and my civics teacher. The entire contest was about the Constitution. 2 phases in each round, phase 1 was. prepared speech about a particular aspect of the Constitution with the subject being your choice. Phase 2 was an extemporaneous speech where you drew the topic (about the Constitution) out of a hat and then had 30 minutes to prepare a five-minute talk about that subject. Each phase was timed and graded.
Sounds hard. I don't think I'll do that.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
you're just going to leave us hanging like that?

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
AS a kid in the "70's we used to take the younger kids big wheels and have suicide runs down the hill that lead to the circle we lived on trying to crash the others. I still have scars on my arms from scrabiung the hide off my arms and legs.
Nice. I think the big wheel I'm talking about is a little different than the old trail bikes. My mom had the old honda trail bike with the fat wheels like this.
1610033908057.png

I had a regular motocross bike with taller wheels with slightly different suspension that would bridge the gap between the 80cc and the full sized 125cc. I sold it when I turned 15 to buy my first car.
1610034026395.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom