Things That Make You Feel Old (3 Viewers)

I feel this. My maternal grandmother died at 45 due to leukemia, my maternal grandfather at around 48 for some sort of cancer, and my father-in-law at 45 due to a non-smoking related lung cancer.

I turn 39 in August. Making a conscious effort to be healthier and live longer than they did is a constant thought in my head.

On the other hand, my dad is going strong at 70 and my mom is in decent shape at 58, so I think I've still got some decent time left.
Both of my Grandfathers lived into their 90s, my Dad turns 90 this year. That said, sometimes I feel I'll live until my SS kicks in and die the next year....

I can't remember lol. It was the greatest performance I've ever seen live though. Imagine if a 3 point line was part
of the rules when the pistol was in his prime.

I’m so old that one of my teachers at TH Harris also worked as a marketing agent (back then they called it publicity agent) for the NO Jazz…..he often gave out free tickets to students who could go to games….he also gave us all Jazz windbreakers…..

Here to tell you it don’t get no easier :hihi:

My friend, it depends….if you are lucky enough to retire young(ER)?

I have little to no stress, back to my early 30’s weight level, and more fit than I’ve been in years…just running on the treadmill and hiking….I don’t take any of it for granted, I‘m extremely fortunate….a lot of my friends close to my age have myriads of physical problems…

I’m so old my doctor did smoke Camels

I was 13!!!!!!!
My Mom and Dad's doctor told both if they were going to smoke, smoke unfiltered camels. They used only the highest
quality tobacco. He smoked them as well. He also told them to avoid menthol cigarettes at all cost.

Somewhere in my late parents home is a picture of me a few hours old. My parents,both sets of grandparents, a Dr.
and nurse were in the picture. The only one not smoking was my paternal grandmother. She never smoked a
cigarette her entire life. I still live close to the hospital I was born in. You're not allowed to smoke in the parking garage
now.

My friend, it depends….if you are lucky enough to retire young(ER)?

I have little to no stress, back to my early 30’s weight level, and more fit than I’ve been in years…just running on the treadmill and hiking….I don’t take any of it for granted, I‘m extremely fortunate….a lot of my friends close to my age have myriads of physical problems…

Curious, how old were you when you retired ?

Asking b/c im most likely retiring to SE Asia in the next few yrs, ill be in my early 50s, which I consider fairly young to retire in this day and age.. your money goes so much further there, that to retire similarly well in America id have to work well into my 70s, or perhaps til i die.. id rather enjoy whatever years i have left !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom