Things That Make You Feel Old (7 Viewers)

We probably lived pretty close to each other in Metry depending the years you were there. I lived less than a mile from Harris for a few years before moving near Fat City in '82.

Lived in Willowdale near Sunrise CC…..

Another one young kids will not remember. New years eve 1986. I had just purchased an 86 Olds 442. It had less than
a 1000 miles on it. I was leaving one party and heading to another. The computer chip went out. It was 34 degrees and
raining. Two of my passengers and myself had to walk 5 miles to the nearest payphone for help. Cell phones were not
available at the time. There is no way I could do the same walk today lol

Another one young kids will not remember. New years eve 1986. I had just purchased an 86 Olds 442. It had less than
a 1000 miles on it. I was leaving one party and heading to another. The computer chip went out. It was 34 degrees and
raining. Two of my passengers and myself had to walk 5 miles to the nearest payphone for help. Cell phones were not
You could drive in 1986? 🤯

Tell us another story about the before times! 🙂

Because you’d never find a functional pay phone?

We did. unfortunately it was five miles away. Back then you had to know how to dial home phone numbers
I can barely remember my own phone number these days, much less my parents, siblings, friends, etc. that I kept in my head back then.

I can barely remember my own phone number these days, much less my parents, siblings, friends, etc. that I kept in my head back then.
Same here . Back then I knew all my friends phone numbers. Today it's just push a button. I'm not complaining. I'm
reminiscing

Same here . Back then I knew all my friends phone numbers. Today it's just push a button. I'm not complaining. I'm
reminiscing
I'm sure a few here remember party lines as well. I still remember feeling priveleged when we finally got a private line.

I'm sure a few here remember party lines as well. I still remember feeling priveleged when we finally got a private line.
yeah. we shared a party line . I'd call my grandparents and connected with neighbors down the street.

reminiscing

At one point I had dozens of phone numbers memorized now it's like 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom