Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

While I'm sure the wrath of @0rion will be upon you posthaste, I agree. I've never been a fan of the beer.

The Boog ones were great. He's (obviously) big around these here parts. He has a BBQ joint at Camden Yards, and it's really good. He's a great dude.
Back in the day, Boog and Merv Rettenmund went out on the town one Saturday night, and it turned into an all-nighter so they came straight to the ballpark. Still drunk.

Problem being it was August in Baltimore, and this was a Sunday double header. Hot as hell, and Earl Weaver was mad as hell. “You two dumb***** are playing every inning of both games. I don’t care how hungover you are”

Rettenmund was so bad off he threw up in right field. Weaver made him play. Powell on the other hand went 6 for 9 over both games with 4 homers and two doubles. Every time he got a hit Weaver got madder. :hihi:

Last edited:
Back in the day, Boog and Merv Rettenmund went out on the town one Saturday night, and it turned into an all-nighter so the came straight to the ballpark. Still drunk.

Problem being it was August in Baltimore, and this was a Sunday double header. Hot as hell, and Earl Weaver was mad as hell. “You two dumb***** are playing every inning of both games. I don’t care how hungover you are”

Rettenmund was so bad off he threw up in right field. Weaver made him play. Powell on the other hand went 6 for 9 over both games with 4 homers and two doubles. Every time he got a hit Weaver got madder. :hihi:
Weaver called closer Don Stanhouse Fullpack. That was due to the amount
of cigarettes he smoked while Stanhouse was pitching. He also said
Stanhouse was an butt crevasse who ruined his health

Weaver called closer Don Stanhouse Fullpack. That was due to the amount
of cigarettes he smoked while Stanhouse was pitching. He also said
Stanhouse was an butt crevasse who ruined his health
Stanhouse would walk the bases loaded in the ninth then strike out the side :hihi:

Yep, Weaver believed he did it on purpose. If you are a fan of Weaver's
antics,I suggest The umpire strikes back written by former umpire Ron
Luciano

Two grown men. Haller was miked and Weaver knew it. They still acted like 3rd graders :hihi:

Makes me feel old. I was a freshman in college in 1980.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom