Things That Make You Feel Old (15 Viewers)

They did a pretty good job of colorizing the black and white footage of that game.
God, Memorial Stadium. Narrow concourse, 3 bathrooms and 4 concession stands. But Friday nights were on occasion Nickel Beer Night, and no one gave a crap :hihi:

Parking was atrocious, but you could bring in your own cooler as long as it fit under your seat.

One night after the game it took two hours to get to the beltway. The ride home from there was another two hours. We were in our early 20's so no one cared. Sitting in traffic was an occasion to continue to pound beers.

2DFC8D46-2351-40D4-8393-758C4D2A1B00.jpeg

Age plus the shutdown at the beginning of the pandemic = me.
My grandad was an amazing dude
(He was a DuPont chemist but retired early)
In his leisure years - when I was around - he farmed, kept bees, did woodworking and stained glass
He and grand mom were part of an Avion trailer travel club - and birding was one of the main things he did when they traveled (he was an Eagle Scout so that probably gave him a head start)
He was also great with finances
What he was not was a teacher- he’d let me watch what he did, it very little pushing me to learn
I’ve been chasing his ghost my entire adult life and never coming close to catching it/him

Wish I still had both the car and the optimism of that time in my life. Both are long gone.

The car was a quick loss to to the practical wages of having children and was worth the sacrifice. The optimism was a slow grinding erosion of the soul and spirit due to wages of life, and is in no way worth the sacrifice. The price is simply too high.

Oh well, happiness is reality minus expectations...or so it's said

Last edited:
Wish I still had both the car and the optimism of that time in my life. Both are long gone.

The car was a quick loss to to the practical wages of having children and was worth the sacrifice. The optimism was a slow grinding erosion of the soul and spirit due to wages of life, and is in no way worth the sacrifice. The price is simply too high.

Oh well, happiness is reality minus expectations...or so it's said
It’s funny that we have similar reactions - you for muscle cars, me for mopeds

Well, I had this Camaro with a 6-speed manual, Hurst short-throw shifter, heavy duty clutch, top end rebuild and...

T-tops!
I win. 1977 Trans Am. Blue T Top, but when the 403 died in it my father in law stuffed a built 455 olds and transmission in it. Could roast anything with windows up enjoying the air conditioning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom