Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

sucks for you

and this...
See the source image

Watching the NBA draft last night (but could easily apply to NFL or MLB) and realizing that the SONS of players I grew up watching are being drafted.

anybody else remember the children's theater in the Hammond Square Mall?

used to watch Bugs Bunny in there while my mom shopped.

It's simple for me; my body. We just got back from 5 days in San Diego. Did hiking, city walking, beach walking, played football with my boys on a La Jolla beach. I feel like I've been a tackling dummy for NFL linebackers. Left hamstring got tight and my right hip is jacked up. And I run about 3-4 days a week, so I'm not pathetically out of shape. But it's not the same activity.

My wife and I talk about the "Parent effect" all the time. About associating with the stern disciplinarian rather than the idiot kid in a book or movie. Principal Rooney had a damn job to do and was trying to keep those kids safe in Ferris Bueller and we're laughing at him getting mauled by a dog!

It worked with sound frequencies. When you pushed a button, it basically hit a metal bar that produced said frequency. That’s why it didn’t need batteries ... As you said, if you shook your keys, or your dad’s at the time, it would change the channel as well, depending on the frequency.

Something like this? https://www.popularmechanics.com/te...-cereal-box-whistle-to-take-over-phone-lines/

This phenomena was perfectly recounted in the novel "Ready Player One" and left out of the exceptionally horrible movie adaptation that removed any plot points that made the book enjoyable and replaced it with Transformers Micheal Bay level soulessness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom