Things That Make You Feel Old (5 Viewers)

The old version of Old Spice in those metal bottles with a cap on top where by far, the very best gnat repellent.....if you have ever fished the LA marsh when it is flat calm you know what I'm talkin bout.....

The old version of Old Spice in those metal bottles with a cap on top where by far, the very best gnat repellent.....if you have ever fished the LA marsh when it is flat calm you know what I'm talkin bout.....
They are also bad in south Ga. My family there uses vanilla flavoring. Don't ask me why it works,but it does.

They are also bad in south Ga. My family there uses vanilla flavoring. Don't ask me why it works,but it does.

Anything that works to keep those miserable things off you is all good. We tried softsoap once and those gnats ate that stuff......

Did you mean to try “Skin so Soft”?

(Not an Avon Rep)
When I worked the night shift for Petroleum Helicopters back in the day, the gnats & mosquitos were as bas as anything I ever saw. Some guys tried Skin So Soft, and found that it had no repellent effect at all. The guys who tried to put it on thick just had the critters sticking to them as they wiggled around and (eventually) died.

Don't buy into the Skin So Soft hype. It doesn't actually work. :cry:

When I worked the night shift for Petroleum Helicopters back in the day, the gnats & mosquitos were as bas as anything I ever saw. Some guys tried Skin So Soft, and found that it had no repellent effect at all. the guys who tried to put it on thick just had the critters sticking to them as they wiggled around and (eventually) died.

Don't buy into the Skin So Soft hype. It doesn't actually work. :cry:
The guys wiggled around and died or the critters did?

it's funny that y'all are talking about pest control...this weekend i was thinking about how everyone in the 80s/early 90s had those bug zappers in their yard....i can't remember the last time i saw one of those

i once saw a wasp get fried on one of them....he didn't go as quickly as the smaller bugs and he definitely deserved it just for being a wasp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom