Things That Make You Feel Old (14 Viewers)

I came across a radio station that was playing 'good songs' and when they broke in and said, "Keep it right here for more old school jams from back in the day," I reached down and changed the station. I wasn't ready.

I tried listening to the station that played "Today's Hits" and I wasn't ready for that either. I guess I'm in purgatory.

Oddly enough I feel the absolute oldest when people think I'm much younger than I am. When I correct them, the silence that follows is deafening.

I got ID'd at Total Wine the other day and the cashier looked at my DOB and said, "I wasn't expecting that."

I died a little bit on that one.

Standing up
I’m so tired of standing up hurting and then I realize I probably have another 30 years of this increasing

yay
This x1000

In 2017 I had finally recovered from a couple spine surgeries and was doing well. Was in the gym working out, was doing sets on hack squat machines with 300 pounds. Went on a cruise that summer and climbed 110 feet up Mayan ruins
Then I had another wreck (never had one that was my fault) and had a shoulder surgery and another spine surgery but now I walk with a cane and I am in pain pretty much all day every day. I take 75mg oxycodone, 250mg tramadol, 150mg lyrica, 900mg gabapenti, and 12-16 ibuprofen a day

Honestly sometimes when I think about doing this the rest of my life I have trouble convincing myself that it is worth going on

I'm 55... Never seen a choke on a car...:idunno:

Outboard motor yes, car no...

698930_v2.jpg
I had a manual choke on my '76 MGB. I owned 5 different motorcycles, each of which had a manual choke. Technically most carbureted cars had a manual choke which was set by fully depressing the accelerator prior to a cold start. With the MG and the motorcycles, you had to remember to take off the choke or it would run rich and stumble as it warmed up. The wonderful smell of unburned gasoline was a reminder your choke was still on.

Yup, driving and riding used to be participant sports :hihi:

Last edited:
I turn 60 in February. My way of marking that milestone will be to run a 1/2 marathon. All in all I feel pretty good but when I think of the reality of 60 it feels like the math went wrong "How the hell did I get here? I think someone forgot to carry the one when they figured my age!"

Also more significant to me because neither of my parents made it to 60. Dad died at 59 and mom at 58. 36 and 32 years ago respectively.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom