Things That Make You Feel Old (1 Viewer)

My new cute coworker that was hired this fall. That was my third grade student.....
The parents of two of my co-workers are friends of mine from high school. My co-workers are 25 and 30. My kids are 18 and 8 :covri:

Last edited:
Caffeine used to not affect me at all

I used to be able to drink gallon of coffee or soda right before going to bed and still fall fast asleep

Now if I have a sip of either past 8pm I'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling for a long while

Any time I see a movie with a payphone, it seems so old--for instance, when the reporters in "Airplane!" all run to the bank of payphones, and the whole row collapses. It won't be long before nobody will recognize payphones. Chokes will probably have a longer life because of snowblowers.

Caffeine used to not affect me at all

I used to be able to drink gallon of coffee or soda right before going to bed and still fall fast asleep

Now if I have a sip of either past 8pm I'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling for a long while
I know. This absolutely sucks as I have been a lifelong lover of all things caffeine. I would give up any of my vices but dang being less tolerant of caffeine is a horrible way to go

I know. This absolutely sucks as I have been a lifelong lover of all things caffeine. I would give up any of my vices but dang being less tolerant of caffeine is a horrible way to go

Indeed. I drink a cup of coffee to start each day. It's hard to imagine giving that up.

What makes me feel old? Not remembering I had already posted in this thread and then searching and realizing I had posted in this thread 13 times.

just listing on the Jobs thread made me feel old.

Writing insurance for a client who tells me his DOB is 1989 ( year i graduated high school ) or 1990s. I keep forgetting they are in their late 20s early 30s lol

oh yeah and my 12 year old daughter who is quick to remind me i will be 55 when she graduates High School.

Any time I see a movie with a payphone, it seems so old--for instance, when the reporters in "Airplane!" all run to the bank of payphones, and the whole row collapses. It won't be long before nobody will recognize payphones. Chokes will probably have a longer life because of snowblowers.
and chainsaws.

just listing on the Jobs thread made me feel old.

Writing insurance for a client who tells me his DOB is 1989 ( year i graduated high school ) or 1990s. I keep forgetting they are in their late 20s early 30s lol

oh yeah and my 12 year old daughter who is quick to remind me i will be 55 when she graduates High School.
Stop whining, I'll be 70 when my daughter graduates high school :hihi:

It won’t be long until it’s landline phones too

And I think it’s already that way for rotary phones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom