Things to consider regarding Harper's cap number... (1 Viewer)

Care to back up that assertion with something other than your mouth? He's been to two pro bowls in the last 4 years so clearly there's a lot of folks who disagree with you. I think you need to look up the definition of the word "universally".

He is not one of the worst but he is absolutely not a top tier LT. Solid starter. I couldn't care less about pro-bowls.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I dunno, it could have something with him being at the top of the league in sacks and forced fumbles. /shrug

It puzzles me that so many people on this board hate him but most fans that I talk to outside of the interwebs love him. To listen to some on here, our coaches are stupid for even keeping him on the team.

Part of me wishes we'd cut him so you could have something actually valid to complain about. The dude is a stud.

What's up Harp?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

With only two years left on his deal, there will be no restructuring for Harper, it would have to be some sort of extension.

As has been noted, he can be designated a post june 1st cap cut, which would pro-rate the "dead money" over two seasons. Meaning a cap savings of some $4 million this year and a cap hit of $3 million or so next.

With only two years left on his deal, there will be no restructuring for Harper, it would have to be some sort of extension.

As has been noted, he can be designated a post june 1st cap cut, which would pro-rate the "dead money" over two seasons. Meaning a cap savings of some $4 million this year and a cap hit of $3 million or so next.

So can we upgrade the position for 4 million?

So can we upgrade the position for 4 million?

Depends on what you feel about Harper. Not easily probably. Free Agency is an expensive way to try and upgrade a position and often doesn't work out.

People are often critical of free agents we bring in, but the hit-or-miss success rate we've had is indicative of Free Agency, not our personal department. For every Darren Sharper, there's a Jason David and Kevin Kaesviharn lurking in the shadows.

I wouldn't cut Harper, were I the coaches, unless I felt really comfortable with the idea of Abdul or Bush starting. And then just allow a bargain in FA or a draft pick to "present itself" at value instead of "needing to fill" the spot and getting roped into possibly paying too much for a marginal player (in either money in FA or draft position for a rookie).

Care to back up that assertion with something other than your mouth? He's been to two pro bowls in the last 4 years so clearly there's a lot of folks who disagree with you. I think you need to look up the definition of the word "universally".

I'll be glad to when I get home. Just few things, in the mean time, for the uninitiated to consider. It is NOT a badge of honor for safeties to get sacks. He was #87 out of 87 in the PFF end of season player grades, Jenkins was #86. He was appointed to two pro bowls, not selected in the normal process, as a replacement player and even a cursory look at what was said about those two "selections" is telling. He was ran down from WAY behind by Sam "Cement Shoes" Bradford after one of his very rare turnovers. In other words, he is inept and not good at all and hopefully will be cut very soon so we aren't hamstrung by his incompetence any longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom