Things you'd like in the CBA from the fan's perspective (1 Viewer)

albionmoonlight

Can. Shall. Will.
Reaction score
The CBA is mainly about dividing up money between millionaires and billionaires, but it also controls aspects of the game more relevant to us as fans.

Here's what I'd love them to change/keep the same.

(1) Revenue Splits: I don't care. I'm more sympathetic to labor than management, so I'd rather this lean toward the players, but this has pretty much zero effect on me as a fan.

(2) Practice Time Limitations: Eliminated. I do not like this new normal of the first few games of the season being warm-up games because the players keep "winning" practice time reductions in the CBA.

(3) Scheduling: 16 game season. 2 bye weeks. No team plays on a Thursday without a bye week the week before (or no game without at least [x] hours since the start of the last game if they'd rather make a more general rule).

(4) Monday Night Openers: Let's start it at 4PM Eastern Time and have three Monday night openers!

(5) Playoffs: Keep them the same as they are. Do not move to the NBA model of the regular season just being a long tournament to determine which 2 teams don't make the playoffs.

(6) Rookie Contracts: All rookies sign a 4 year deal. Teams have an option for a 5th year, but it is fully guaranteed at the average of the top five salaries for position.

(7) Franchise Tags: Eliminated. Under my plan, a team drafts a guy and gets him for up to five years. If you can't convince him to stay after that, then maybe you shouldn't be the Jaguars.

What are y'all's ideal changes?

Things I want

Goodell removed from the whole discipline process

Drug testing for all league employees team employees and owners equivalent to what players go through with similar penalties. The NFL says the drug testongnpolicy is about player safety. Well I think the players should return the favor and show how much they care about the wellbeing of owners and league/team employees.

Fully active roster on game days so more players can be rotated. You know something that would actually improve player safety.

2 byes per season one in the first 8 and one in the last 8. They must be separated by at least 4 games.

Thursday night games follow byes only.

Fully active roster on game days so more players can be rotated. You know something that would actually improve player safety.

2 byes per season one in the first 8 and one in the last 8. They must be separated by at least 4 games.

Thursday night games follow byes only.
This. The NFL position that player safety is of paramount importance is a complete farce. They push player safety in the media for PR, but the league’s actual actions (limited rosters, teams playing on short weeks) prove otherwise.

Fair and honest reff'ing.
No league bias or interference in any way to make games, standings, seedings, or creating superbowl matchups.

Players should not work their butts off all year to win a championship and then not be allowed to earn a championship.

1/2 price preseason game tickets
$10 game day parking
Buy one get one free concessions
Freeze on ticket prices for next 10 years
Owners and players fight it out for the rest of things on their list
:deal:

I would stop right there.

Removed from the discipline process. There is ample evidence that he is incompetent at handling these situations and it has resulted in a lot of negative reaction to the NFL. I would love for him to be fired outright but this is a common sense proposal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom