Thinking about vacationing in The Bywater...? (1 Viewer)

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You can't make this **** up.....! :hihi:

World’s Worst Vacation Destinations: Which New Orleans Neighborhood Made the List?

World

So if the Bywater doesn't pan out, there's always Central City, Gert Town, or possibly The Lower 9 for vacation.... Or if you're really adventurous, there's Westwego, Waggaman or even Kenna Bra....

They don't even have the location right (off of Broad and Orleans Ave ??)

That list is dum.

Had they crossed the street, they would have seen 120-160 yr old creole cottages completely renovated, and vibrant communities. Stupid tourists...

Considering I live in Bywater and my wife and I own a guesthouse/inn in the neighborhood that thrives on tourism and is doing it really well, reading this really bugged me. It is clear that whoever pulled this data has never actually been to the neighborhood. I am willing to bet much of the data they pulled is from the overall 8th district and not Bywater specific.

Also, the google street view they have has to be a few years old as there has been a substantial amount of change just from that one spot.

I doubt that this one piece will have any real impact on people visiting the neighborhood, especially considering all of the positive press it has received in the last few years.

They don't even have the location right (off of Broad and Orleans Ave ??)

That list is dum.

They have updated that piece of info on their actual site.

Also, I have yet to find over what span of time they are pulling this data.

well the whole thing isn't really about vacation, its just about cars and crimes. And how did you go about comparing a neighborhood (incorrectly identified as Buzd pointed out) to whole cities anyway? Interwebz shananigans.

I don't think this article will influence anything, but I think the bywater will be just fine, probably better off, without swarms of tourists riding around on segways.

In fairness, I don't want to vacation at Broad and Orleans. :hihi:
:hihi:

I hear the accommodations there are terrible. The rooms lack amenities, the sandwiches are awful, and the staff is very rude to their guests.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom