Thinking of going to the draft (1 Viewer)

Saintree River

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Coincidentally I will be in NYC the weekend of the draft. I am thinking of going. Anyone here ever been or know the procedure? Where do you get tickets, how much, etc? Is the experience worth it?

Don't go. It's first come first served, and people start lining up the night before. I tried to go for the Jammal Brown draft and it was impossible. They hand tickets right out at the door.

Though, if you're willing to sit through the second day, they give everyone who stays till the end of Day Two and advance ticket for the first day of next year's draft.

i think it would be awesome to go, if you can get in id say go for it.

The league really should look at moving both the Draft and Thanksgiving Day game around.

I'm tired of New York for every draft and the Cowboys every Thanksgiving.

Don't go. It's first come first served, and people start lining up the night before. I tried to go for the Jammal Brown draft and it was impossible. They hand tickets right out at the door.

Though, if you're willing to sit through the second day, they give everyone who stays till the end of Day Two and advance ticket for the first day of next year's draft.

Your story sounds familiar. I tried to go in 2004 (eli manning draft). I went very early sat. morning but was still a few hundred or even thousand people deep in the line. I would have gotten in but we found out they actually gave out tickets the night before. Only a few people wound up getting in from the line. All in all I wasted about 6 hours for nothing. I think it would be fun to go once but I'm not sure that I'll ever go through the trouble again. Besides, it's pretty fun watching it at home.

When it was at MSG, they used to give the tickets out first thing Sat morn around 7:00 AM IIRC. Now that it's at Radio City, I'm hearing that it's the night before. That would be just fine with me cause I don't wanna wake up at 4:30 AM just to get a ticket.

I tried to get tickets early last year, but my contact is no longer able to do that. I will be hitting my contacts at NBC to see if there's anything they can do. I'm not holding my breath though because NBC is no longer affiliated with Radio City.

It's too early to inquire at Radio City, but the days leading up to it, I will begin to feel it out. I might go since we are picking early. It just get's too long and the booze runs out to fast.

We used to go before you had to get there pre-dawn....3 hours early was sufficient. We were there for the Willie Roaf draft, and it was a lot of fun. They used to have a lot of giveaways; not sure if they do that now. Plus, it was at the Marriott Marquis, and the players would be in the lobby after they were drafted. The most fun, which hasn't changed, is hanging out with the poor Jets fans, and verbally abusing Mel Kiper. :9:

If you don't have to waste half of your life waiting for a ticket, I'd go.

We used to go before you had to get there pre-dawn....3 hours early was sufficient. We were there for the Willie Roaf draft, and it was a lot of fun. They used to have a lot of giveaways; not sure if they do that now. Plus, it was at the Marriott Marquis, and the players would be in the lobby after they were drafted. The most fun, which hasn't changed, is hanging out with the poor Jets fans, and verbally abusing Mel Kiper. :9:

If you don't have to waste half of your life waiting for a ticket, I'd go.

I never hung out in the lobby because I didn't wanna lose my seat, but getting autographs would be freakin schaweet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom