This 0-2 team is not the 2014/2015 0-2 (1 Viewer)

Micah

Veteran
Reaction score
Let me first start off by saying that I will acceptingly eat crow if this team disappoints and finishes below .500 OR does not even sniff a playoff spot. Also, I seek not the opportunity of arguing with those who view my opinion as wrong because A: It is just that, an opinion and B: Yours is just that, an opinion (If I cared about your opinion, I would have asked).

Disclaimer over…

This team is different. The way they fought back last week from injuries really stood out to me. I love the swagger the Defense had last week and, while still with faults, the youth movement is starting to produce in regards to team speed, athleticism, and energy. The defense I saw last year was uninspired at times, yet this year, there is a sense of energy I haven’t witnessed since 13. IF we win tonight, we are tied for 1st place in the division and will be soon returning key players. Carolina, who swept us last year, will either split or be swept by us. There is no way they sweep us two years straight. I believe Tampa will play us tough, but I think a split with them is highly probable. We beat Atlanta tonight, and we will likely be in the playoff hunt for at least most of the season as it is unlikely that a team will pull away anytime soon (Carolina with first place schedule and tampa/atlanta= meh….)

We’ve fallen short two weeks in a row, and I think we put it all together tonight in the dome. One thing is for certain, when this team learns to win, they will be dreaded by all other NFC teams. A Saints defense WITH Delvin Breaux healthy is at least a middle of the pack D. With an offense capable of putting 30 on anyone (NYG played out of their minds on defense last week), no one will want to play us in January I assure you.

Maybe it’s just me, or the new players, or my own denial, but something feels different about this team. The amount of youth on the roster tends to convince me that the amount of growth this team is capable of producing within a season is more than in the recent past. I feel the Saints team from the past 2 weeks was, while far from being a playoff team, was ironically not that far away. Couple this with the amount of injuries that we have been dealt with and i feel like this team could realistically improve more than most teams in this league.
We shall see tonight, but consider me gullible if you like. The Giants did it in 07, as well as Bellicheck and the Patriots in 01 (0-2 Superbowl winners). I am not predicting SuperBowl, but with injuries from other teams, the right/wrong calls, lucky bounces, and an All-World QB, it would be silly to not accept the possibility. Don’t lose hope until we’re mathematically eliminated. Doing so only takes away from your enjoyment of the season. Football comes to down to a few plays/mistakes. We have witnessed that the past two weeks. What we learn as a team from these two losses, in addition to Thomas and Fleener becoming more comfortable in the offense, can pay dividends really soon.

I think we compete no matter who we put on the field this year against teams that simply aren't the upper type of teams (which we haven't played yet). So, thankfully tonight we get to play the Falcons, who simply are not a good football team. They could very well win this game with the conditions our health is in, but the game will be a good game either way coming down to the 4th quarter. Lets see if our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers can come up with a big play in the fourth to seal a big and possibly season defining win.

I agree if they win tonight I could see a nice streak going. This is a turning point for this season. Do or die! Who dat!!?

You are what your record says you are. Until we win we are 0-2. I could make the case that with the injuries and youth that we could finish 7-9 again this season, and with some cap space going into next season to fill a few holes Id feel much better about 2016s 7-9 than 2014 and 2015. Both those years felt like we were deconstructing. I feel like while we might be injury plagued and have a little talent gap, we are on the upswing.

You are what your record says you are. Until we win we are 0-2. I could make the case that with the injuries and youth that we could finish 7-9 again this season, and with some cap space going into next season to fill a few holes Id feel much better about 2016s 7-9 than 2014 and 2015. Both those years felt like we were deconstructing. I feel like while we might be injury plagued and have a little talent gap, we are on the upswing.

while i do feel the same, i feel like we will be close to a playoff birth this year because of the division. i have more faith that this team can pull off pivotal wins toward the end of the season than the teams of the past two years. i may be wrong, but this team seems to have more resiliency and grit. to me, playoffs this season would be a success, and while we are winless, we still have that oppurtunity thanks to the play of other division teams.

No 0-3 team has gone to the playoffs in the last 10 years. Only one 0-3 team has even made .500 (the 2013 Steelers).

It is a huge game.

This is the kind of optimism we need going into this game. We needed to go 1-0 and that didn't happen. Then we needed to go 1-1 and that didn't happen. The Saints absolutely MUST win this game. And I agree that they've got the upward swing to be able to pull it off.

Let me first start off by saying that I will acceptingly eat crow if this team disappoints and finishes below .500 OR does not even sniff a playoff spot. Also, I seek not the opportunity of arguing with those who view my opinion as wrong because A: It is just that, an opinion and B: Yours is just that, an opinion (If I cared about your opinion, I would have asked).

Disclaimer over…

This team is different. The way they fought back last week from injuries really stood out to me. I love the swagger the Defense had last week and, while still with faults, the youth movement is starting to produce in regards to team speed, athleticism, and energy. The defense I saw last year was uninspired at times, yet this year, there is a sense of energy I haven’t witnessed since 13. IF we win tonight, we are tied for 1st place in the division and will be soon returning key players. Carolina, who swept us last year, will either split or be swept by us. There is no way they sweep us two years straight. I believe Tampa will play us tough, but I think a split with them is highly probable. We beat Atlanta tonight, and we will likely be in the playoff hunt for at least most of the season as it is unlikely that a team will pull away anytime soon (Carolina with first place schedule and tampa/atlanta= meh….)

We’ve fallen short two weeks in a row, and I think we put it all together tonight in the dome. One thing is for certain, when this team learns to win, they will be dreaded by all other NFC teams. A Saints defense WITH Delvin Breaux healthy is at least a middle of the pack D. With an offense capable of putting 30 on anyone (NYG played out of their minds on defense last week), no one will want to play us in January I assure you.

Maybe it’s just me, or the new players, or my own denial, but something feels different about this team. The amount of youth on the roster tends to convince me that the amount of growth this team is capable of producing within a season is more than in the recent past. I feel the Saints team from the past 2 weeks was, while far from being a playoff team, was ironically not that far away. Couple this with the amount of injuries that we have been dealt with and i feel like this team could realistically improve more than most teams in this league.
We shall see tonight, but consider me gullible if you like. The Giants did it in 07, as well as Bellicheck and the Patriots in 01 (0-2 Superbowl winners). I am not predicting SuperBowl, but with injuries from other teams, the right/wrong calls, lucky bounces, and an All-World QB, it would be silly to not accept the possibility. Don’t lose hope until we’re mathematically eliminated. Doing so only takes away from your enjoyment of the season. Football comes to down to a few plays/mistakes. We have witnessed that the past two weeks. What we learn as a team from these two losses, in addition to Thomas and Fleener becoming more comfortable in the offense, can pay dividends really soon.

I think this is easily one of the best all around coaching staffs we've had since b4 we started to get gutted after the 2009 season.

We also have a middle class to our roster that wasn't there last year.

The last two drafts have been our best in a while as far as guys that are sticking on the roster and not in street clothes in a few weeks or a year.

I agree there is def something diff but what I've begun to realize is that too many times i look at the saints via tunnel vision. You also forget that 31 other teams have improved as well and that usually throws a wrench in things. As we can have noticeably improved via a fans eye but missed other teams doing the same as well.

Already this team will have to be road warriors to get to 8-8 because of 1 home loss already on our belts so the obvious moxie we've established with the reformation of the locker room will be tested.

Good post sir!

Its hard to see the injuries we've had and the players we"ll be fielding and be confident that we'll be able to consistently play at a high level. I was proud of the team last week in New York, proud of the young guys...

The '14 and '15 teams looked like a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck. This team at least looks like they care.

The '14 and '15 teams looked like a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck. This team at least looks like they care.

After two weeks I'm not sure how you can say they look any different than the 2014 team did at the same time.

Lost a game in overtime we should have won in week 1, week 2 lost a game on a last second FG. Both those games were on the road.

Same story this season except lost one at home.

Hard fought games between two bad teams.

The 2014 team fought it's way back to .500 after a win against Carolina. Problem is the following week lost a very hard fought game against the 49ers in overtime and it sent the team into a tailspin. That's when that team looked like it quit but that was like week 10.

Hard to say what will happen with this team moving forward.

No matter what, Saints and Payton always show up for the Nationally televised games. And beings that its the Falcons, even more is on the line. I believe they win!

No matter what, Saints and Payton always show up for the Nationally televised games. And beings that its the Falcons, even more is on the line. I believe they win!

The Bal game in 2014 and Det game in 2015 we didn't show up for. I wish I was optimistic but this team at full strength didn't look like a winner. Take 7 starters away and it's suppose to get better.

This game means a lot. Win, we go on life support and get to play catch-up for at least several weeks. Lose, we are dead, ship 2016 to the morgue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom