This aint PC... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm glad reggie Said we could go undefeated. I think we might too. I'm glad they have their sights set high. Who cares what the media says. Who cares what other fans think. Every other team and their fans are jealous of the Saints right now. And they should be. We're the best team in the NFL by a good margin and we will continue to humble the nay-sayers of the world.

Go Saints!! 19-0! I'm looking forward to watching the Saints blowout whoever we play in Superbowl 44.

Every other team got a blueprint on the Saints sunday. Unfortunately it shows that the Saints will not lay down, no lead is safe, no game plan will be sufficient.

What scares me is the thought process that makes a player declare that they can go undefeated. I don't want anyone talking about anything except Atlanta. New England went undefeated 2 years ago. I'd rather be last year's Steelers.

All coaches/players comments should be about Atlanta. Let the fans talk about the season as a whole.

I'm glad they have their sights set high
Me, too. In fact, I think it's been a subconscious block for this team to not allow themselves to talk about it (that whole stupid bury the 2006 season and don't eat the cheese). Almost every other team has a player that freely talks about the Super Bowl being their goal and, clearly, there's about 10 teams this year who are almost a joke. The Saints are a team that everybody agrees has all the parts, it's been done before, so it's possible. Improbable but not impossible.
What scares me is the thought process that makes a player declare that they can go undefeated. I don't want anyone talking about anything except Atlanta
You didn't even hear anything but the sound bites, did you? Nobody but the media declared anything. For a declaration to have been made, Reggie would have had to have said something like, "Book it, I guarantee we go 16-0" unprompted and out of context.

Don't eat the cheese! Let's just get a Super Bowl championship, folks. Undefeated would just be lagniappe.

What scares me is the thought process that makes a player declare that they can go undefeated. I don't want anyone talking about anything except Atlanta. New England went undefeated 2 years ago. I'd rather be last year's Steelers.

All coaches/players comments should be about Atlanta. Let the fans talk about the season as a whole.

You focus on Atlanta. But the Superbowl is the goal. A perfect season is absolutely the goal. You can set your goals high. Doesn't mean you're not focused on your next opponent. You have to focus on your next opponenet to achieve your goal.

Shouldn't any NFL player who hasn't lost a game yet have the mindset of being able to go undefeated?

Besides Bush was asked directly if they COULD go undefeated. He replied Yes, the COULD. And before that he talked about how they just take it one game at a time.

Every other team got a blueprint on the Saints sunday. Unfortunately it shows that the Saints will not lay down, no lead is safe, no game plan will be sufficient.

Actually the Jets provided a blueprint on how to give the Saints offense trouble, the problem is not every team has the talent personnel-wise or the Coaching skills to pull it off.

Shouldn't any NFL player who hasn't lost a game yet have the mindset of being able to go undefeated?

Besides Bush was asked directly if they COULD go undefeated. He replied Yes, the COULD. And before that he talked about how they just take it one game at a time.

Every single Saint player should have the mindset of beating Atlanta. Being undefeated is an illusion. It's a result, you can't control results. What you can control is the process. It's like focusing on scoring points in basketball without focusing on what actually scores points in basketball(dribbling, passing, etc)

That said, I have no problem with it as long as it was asked if they 'could.' I didn't know that part.

Every single Saint player should have the mindset of beating Atlanta. Being undefeated is an illusion. It's a result, you can't control results. What you can control is the process. It's like focusing on scoring points in basketball without focusing on what actually scores points in basketball(dribbling, passing, etc)

That said, I have no problem with it as long as it was asked if they 'could.' I didn't know that part.

That's what you need to be careful of. ESPN has only been editing and playing certain clips of that interview so that it makes a story. When you listen to the whole thing it's completely different. They also play a clip of the Sean Payton interview, in which they ask him the same question. They made it seem like Payton was responding to Bush, even tho Payton's interview came first.

This is the most overblown statement around right now. You won't find another player undefeated at this point who would say its not possible to go undefeated. Thats like saying dwayne wade admitting that there are people on this earth who can stop his offensive skills... If he would have said No it would have been a bigger story than if he said yes. Of course, anything is "possible". ESPN blowing up another story as usual

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom