This almost brought tears to me eyes. Such a kind guy... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Glenn Dorsey showed he is a great person. Read this article please
A class act
LSU’s Dorsey displays character off field to match great talent on it
By Carl Dubois
March 18, 2008

The following article is featured content from the 2008 Draft Guide, PFW's annual magazine that features scouting reports on more than 350 players, draft analyses for all 32 teams and rankings of the prospects by position. The magazine is on sale at newsstands and bookstores throughout the country, and it can be purchased at PFWstore.com.
<TABLE align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
classact200.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
Glenn Dorsey​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>On the eve of an October game between LSU and Auburn, a 5-year-old boy who has cerebral palsy and wore casts on both of his tiny legs got to meet his football hero, Glenn Dorsey. The child, who was scheduled to have his legs put in braces, listened as Dorsey talked about how he wore leg braces as a boy to correct what he called &#8220;extreme bowleggedness.&#8221;

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/dorsey031808.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I am not an LSU fan at all and I was not sure if we needed to try and get Dorsey or Ellis. I think we need one of them but I just kind of figured we should wait and see if one falls to us and be done with it. If neither fall then pickup a corner. Now with the character of this guy showing and the connection to the state and how he loves his fans I think the saints need to do what they can to get him and if that means moving up then I think we should do it.

T

He's got another year or two in college, but here's an article on another class-act from LSU. Ciron Black:

NEW ORLEANS &#8211; He's played all but 20 snaps for a team competing for a national championship, but on the night he proved how much he truly means to his school, LSU's 317-pound left tackle wasn't on the football field.

He was alone in his apartment, staring at a computer, trying to see through his own tears as he typed a message to an 8-year-old boy he'd never met.

"Hey Michael, " the note began, "I recently saw your story and wanted to have the honor to write in your guest book. My name is Ciron Black. "

Mikey's hero - NCAA Football - Yahoo! Sports

Dorsey is truly one of those quite rare players that you do almost anything it takes to get him on your team , because not only what he does on the field but what he gives to the team and EVERYONE around him . The kind the community embraces just as if he were your best friend or your neighbor, very much like an Archie or Danny A. They put their heart and soul into the game . I would make a strong effort to either trade up or if we're so lucky that he falls to us at 10 to make him our pick . His intangiables are just off the board , Sometimes i think to myself would i trade a couple winning seasons or playoff games and not have an Archie or a Danny A as a saint ? Naw those kinda guys i'll remember forever and be proud they were Saints

I want Dorsey too.

Seems like a good man.

Use caution with all these guys. As we approach draft day we will learn that many of these guys have great character, sang in the choir since they were kids, taught Sunday school, were Boy Scouts, and are pretty much the greatest guys anyone ever knew.

Take all with a grain of salt, the hype will be interesting in the next month.

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom