Saints This article is a slap in the face of Drew. (1 Viewer)

If this is a ranking of quarterbacks in 2020, then the ranking is a reasonable one. There is a reason that Brees intends to retire for the broadcast booth after the 2020 season. There has been at times a noticeable diminution in Drew's arm strength over the past two to three years. The man is 41 years old and will be turning 42 in four months. His career has been extraordinary. And historically, he is playing at an age few NFL quarterbacks have played at. But he is simply not the exceptional quarterback he was for so many seasons. At a certain age, the performance of so many in challenging fields shows decline, and for that reason, there are mandatory retirement ages for different professions. If anything, ranking Drew at number 12 seems generous. This is not a slap at a Hall of Fame career. This is simply recognition that Drew is no longer 28 or even 35, and that eventually age affects job performance, particularly in professional football.

If this is a ranking of quarterbacks in 2020, then the ranking is a reasonable one. There is a reason that Brees intends to retire for the broadcast booth after the 2020 season. There has been at times a noticeable diminution in Drew's arm strength over the past two to three years. The man is 41 years old and will be turning 42 in four months. His career has been extraordinary. And historically, he is playing at an age few NFL quarterbacks have played at. But he is simply not the exceptional quarterback he was for so many seasons. At a certain age, the performance of so many in challenging fields shows decline, and for that reason, there are mandatory retirement ages for different professions. If anything, ranking Drew at number 12 seems generous. This is not a slap at a Hall of Fame career. This is simply recognition that Drew is no longer 28 or even 35, and that eventually age affects job performance, particularly in professional football.

I'll take 41 year old Drew Brees over any age Ryan Tannehill and decomposing Ben Rotheldoisislabberger

I thought the rankings were overall reasonable, though hardly perfect. I do agree that Tannehill was ranked much too high. At this time, I would rank Roethlisberger, if he is healthy, higher than I would Drew.

How has Rodgers gotten a pass for being the only QB to lead a 15-1 team that got bounced in the first playoff game? At home, no less, against a wild card team in a year that he was "MVP"?

And he's still considered "clutch"?

Last edited:
I can respect someone's rankings. But when you have Roethlisberger who was injured most of the year at number 11 ahead of Drew that is just bad article writing. Makes me even more exited for Saints-Tampa match-up

I heard Mike Greenberg yesterday claim the Russell Wilson was the best player in the NFL that has never been MVP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom