This Bites! (1 Viewer)

curdis

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am working until 6PM so I won't be able to watch the game live. No big deal, Tivo. Here's the problem: my wife forbids me from finding out the score, all my co-workers know this so they mess with me all day. I try to analyze everything they say and it drives me crazy. This also means I can't take any phone calls from friends and family because the only reason they would be calling on Sunday is to either bust my chops or celebrate in the success of the game. This means I over analyze every phone call I get as well! Today is going to suck, someone please punch me in the face and knock me out until 6PM!

I tivo a lot of sports. It's a big deal trying to stay in the dark about the game, but you really have to. It ruins it if you don't.

People should respect that.

But if they're just messing with you, don't even think about it at all!

Sucks, I had to work til 2 PM last week so with Tivo I was able to catch up in real time before the game ended. But I was weary of people talking about the game around me.

I am working until 6PM so I won't be able to watch the game live. No big deal, Tivo. Here's the problem: my wife forbids me from finding out the score, all my co-workers know this so they mess with me all day. I try to analyze everything they say and it drives me crazy. This also means I can't take any phone calls from friends and family because the only reason they would be calling on Sunday is to either bust my chops or celebrate in the success of the game. This means I over analyze every phone call I get as well! Today is going to suck, someone please punch me in the face and knock me out until 6PM!

I was on a plane home (Southwest) during a game two years ago. I did everything I could to avoid the score. I had a layover in Tampa right around halftime, and I sent someone to get me a beer, since they had the game on in the bar. I even told the stewardess (I know - flight attendant what I was doing. I made it all the way until the landing gear was opening over New Orleans when another flight attendant who didn't get the message announced that the Saints won over the intercom.

At least they won, though. The game was still fun to watch.

Good luck with that. The odds are against you.

turn your phone off

i go in at 12 today so i feel ya, but we get sunday ticket at work.... Who Dat!!

Can you change your ringer so that if your wife calls w/ an emergency you'll know its her, but make it different for everyone else so you can ignore them until you've had a chance to watch it?

I tivo a lot of sports. It's a big deal trying to stay in the dark about the game, but you really have to. It ruins it if you don't.

People should respect that.

But if they're just messing with you, don't even think about it at all!

Problem is I live in the Atlanta area, so they definitely don't respect that!

I've done this many times and it is not an easy thing to do. About 50% of the time you will just happen to hear a radio, TV, conversation at JUST the right moment to get a score.

I did this once back in the late 80's or early 90's when the Saints were playing the 49ers. I made it through the whole work day without hearing a score. Then I even went out afterwards with friends for drinks and still did an incredible job of avoiding the TV. I got home that night and started watching the game. The Saints were getting killed by 3 TDs or so at halftime. I had pretty much lost hope but I figured I would ride it out in hopes of a miracle. My brother had attempted to call me a few times to blurt out the score to me but I refused to take his calls. My mom oblivious to what I was doing took another one of his calls and then said, "Oh...He wanted me to tell you that the Saints end up winning!"

And of course they did with a miraculous comeback that would've been awesome had I not known it was coming.

He was an @ss then and still is.

Last edited:
Dont forget the radio on the way home B97 has ruined game for me more then once with a quick Congrats to our Saints line!!!!! Good luck staying in the dark

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom