This chase is 20 minutes of pure adrenaline (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Somewhere in Finland, Johnny Supercop here has a deathwish and a perp to catch. This has it all. Skip to the 10:15 mark and buckle the heck up. This is better than any chase I've ever seen on film.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5YZDrNgCyyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

google translate helped with the only article reddit had on it
it's not what you would call exhaustive reportage
A motorcycle carrying a man led police on a person with a loud speeding Western Passage on Wednesday, two half-time during the day. Police took the man finally caught Finnovägen from the field, where he had fled after the fall of the motorcycle running.

A man suspected of felony drunk driving causing a traffic hazard as well.

google translate helped with the only article reddit had on it
A motorcycle carrying a man led police on a person with a loud speeding Western Passage on Wednesday, two half-time during the day. Police took the man finally caught Finnovägen from the field, where he had fled after the fall of the motorcycle running.

Who knew back in the 80s that Yoda actually was being translated to all the others via google translate... :hihi:

Dang what kind of car was the officer using ? My crown Vic could never keep up with some of the motorcycles we use to chase.
edit now I see looks like the officer was on a bike too
great driving by the officer

Dang what kind of car was the officer using ? My crown Vic could never keep up with some of the motorcycles we use to chase.

didn't quote it from the reddit thread but it seems the cop was on a bike maybe twice as big as the other guy -that he was really just keeping on his tail the whole time
this makes sense b/c when i was watching i was thinking "how is it that these 2 have bikes that have the exact same mph?"
yeah, that cop guy is boss on the motorcycle

That is some unbelievable driving by both parties. That guy had a passenger on the back, and that cop never flinched. I wonder how many times that guy had gotten away. He finally met his match. Man, I don't know if that cop bike had a supercharger or what, but that whoosh from his engine was amazing. The perp had a pretty amazing bike too. That fat tire on the back made the chase last twice as long. Absolutely awesome video!

Most motorcycles over 400CC can outrun a police cruiser. When I had my beefed-up Z28 I'd run with buddies of mine who had bikes. I would catch up to them in the turns, but they'd walk away from me on the straights.

I think the dukes of hazard got this beat.

Sound would have been awesome without the siren.

They could have died 437 times if I counted right.

An overhead drone view would have been sweet.

Awesome. Seems they'd passed through several jurisdictions without assistance for the cop. He could be their version of a state trooper. Also, I dont recall seeing bike cops here with fully enclosed helmets with mics. Do they have a reason for that?

Has anyone seen this race? Ive seen snippets on tv, and hadn't heard of it before last year

The Isle of Men, The World

I guess my question is, for a bike cop chasing a perp on a bike, what's the gameplan? Outside of calling for a roadblock ahead, he really just can't do anything except follow, and whoever messes up/runs out of gas first loses?

I mean, in a car, you can PIT another car, but here, there's really nothing to do except hope you're a better driver than the other guy.

Wish I could watch it on my phone. Haha. Tapatalk won't let me. So annoying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom