This college QB killing it with Saints offense (2 Viewers)

The LSU offense looks great...LSU defense, people are making a bunch of excuses but the fact of the matter is that people assumed that because Chiasson is a beast rushing the passer that LSU would have a great pass rush. Chiasson was a non factor. Got handled all night, mostly one on one from what I saw....they got pressure a couple of times by doing stunts, but I was underwhelmed by our D Line...

We have several weeks to tighten up before Florida comes to town, but honestly, none of the teams we play have the athletes to give us any trouble....the SEC teams do... I picked 10-2 before the season and I haven't seen anything that leads me to change that

LSU/Texas was a tale of two halves. In the first half, LSUs defense was what we have come to expect. They contained Ehlinger while mixing pressure. Texas' best receiver was held without a catch. The offense was largely ineffective.

In the second half, LSU had a chance to go up 3 scores and came out flat with a 3 and out. Texas drove the ball on 19 plays helped by a lot of missed tackles. That can be fixed. There were some coverage assignments blown. That can be fixed. Those two things allowed the drive to go on which directly affected the level of fatigue on the defense which led to more missed tackles, blown assignments, etc. The coaches also expressed regret in not manufacturing more pressure on Ehlinger which gave him a ton of time in the pocket, further extending the drive. That can be fixed. The coaches also mentioned they made a mistake by not utilizing IVs at halftime to hydrate players. That can be fixed.

This was also the best offense that LSU will face this year outside of Bama. The talent gap is minimal if at all. There is no coaching issue if they learn from mistakes made. Im not worried in the least about LSUs defense going forward.

Folks need to chill out a little bit about Burrow being the next coming....I'm as happy as a clam that he has looked so good thus far this season but lets wait until he gets into the thick of the SEC schedule to see if it (hopefully) continues...ps...getting OL Ingram back would help immensely

Y'all can hate on LSU all y'all want.

Which for Louisianians I'll never understand. Our flagship school, historic football power.

But yeah keep rooting for your Green Wave.

Really don't like this attitude....I root for LSU, even though I didn't go to LSU. I'm from New Orleans. Personally, I'd almost say you SHOULD root for the Green Wave if you're from New Orleans. You post that with such condescension, which is what a lot of people may have an issue with LSU over. Heck, until Sean Payton, a bunch of LSU fans treated the Saints with condescension.....I'll NEVER forget the idiots wearing the Miami Dolphins jerseys when St Nick came to town in 2005 when the Saints were at their lowest point, kicking us while we were down. I kind of secretly laughed at those idiots when he took the Bama job...

The point is, the fanbase hasn't always endeared itself to people from other fanbases in the state.....

I'm trying to figure out why I can't pull for LSU and Tulane both?

I'm trying to figure out why I can't pull for LSU and Tulane both?
Since they don't play each other anymore, I have no problem doing just that. I'll give you permission too. :hihi:

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I pull for ULL (grew up there watching Brian Mitchell...mom used to manage the bookstore on St Mary), Tulane, LSU, and SLU.

Been a great year so far

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom