This defense has alot more to overcome but (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
with the promise of PJ, Krawley, Swann, and Harris we just need a couple of them to shine. Breaux locks down the other side. Let's see what these youngsters can do.

We need to maintain the front 7 until we get healthy and hopefully the world will be right with Rankins and Anthony's return. It's a big mountain but youthful exuberance can overcome!

If nothing else, we will have plenty of corners to filter through to figure out who No. 2 is going to be.

Someone has to stick, right? RIGHT?!

If nothing else, we will have plenty of corners to filter through to figure out who No. 2 is going to be.

Someone has to stick, right? RIGHT?!

I think by all accounts PJ Williams is going to be that guy. The redshirt philosophy has worked with him unlike the results of Stanley Jean-Baptiste project that was a total waste of the 58th pick in the 2014 Draft.

I also think they believe that De'Vante Harris will be a guy that contributes right away and when healthy Swann has shown he can play in this league.

More important the life of a Saints CB has gotten s little easier with the additions to the linebacker corps (James Laurinaitis Craig Robertson) and a soon to be healthy Stephone Anthony and a finally healthy Ellerby. That is a solid core that actually possesses cover skills and if you get good play there that helps the defensive front get added pressure on the QB which intern greatly helps out the secondary because they don't have to cover 10 second drop back pass plays (which many times caused all the browner penalties).

In addition to the better pass rush we have a fully healthy Jairus Byrd and the rest of the improved gang at safety that will also aid the CB's.

Honestly, I feel better about the CB's as a unit with or without Keenan Lewis simply because there is more talent on that side of the ball than we have had in a longtime and it is better managed.

The truth is Keenan has been injured more than everyone (probably including him would have liked). I have to believe someone will emerge from the group of youngsters. Swann showed promise last year. If healthy he is a solid nickel.

Teams make these type of decisons every day and some work out great and others will backfire. It is the nature of this inexact science in the NFL. Player evaluations, projecting injury comebacks and considering salary cap consequences are not easy, but we have to trust that our braintrust will get more right than wrong!

I think by all accounts PJ Williams is going to be that guy. The redshirt philosophy has worked with him unlike the results of Stanley Jean-Baptiste project that was a total waste of the 58th pick in the 2014 Draft.

I also think they believe that De'Vante Harris will be a guy that contributes right away and when healthy Swann has shown he can play in this league.

More important the life of a Saints CB has gotten s little easier with the additions to the linebacker corps (James Laurinaitis Craig Robertson) and a soon to be healthy Stephone Anthony and a finally healthy Ellerby. That is a solid core that actually possesses cover skills and if you get good play there that helps the defensive front get added pressure on the QB which intern greatly helps out the secondary because they don't have to cover 10 second drop back pass plays (which many times caused all the browner penalties).

In addition to the better pass rush we have a fully healthy Jairus Byrd and the rest of the improved gang at safety that will also aid the CB's.

Honestly, I feel better about the CB's as a unit with or without Keenan Lewis simply because there is more talent on that side of the ball than we have had in a longtime and it is better managed.

it isn't fair to compare the redshirt years for SJB and PJ. SJ hasn't played the position very long and PJ played it well in college. I feel we have enough depth right now to make up for the injuries but we can't afford another hit. Thankfully the injuries are not season ending so that is a plus. I think all the young corners need is to be blooded in combat and they will be ok. There will be ups and downs but the talent is there. Just need seasoning. We're going to be ok.

PJ played, and played well in college, he then fell down the boards due to a stupid decision. The saints gave him a redshirt, now he is ready. Swann showed last year if his head is ok that he can do well also. Seemingly the other youngsters look good also. With the linebackers who can now cover, a return to a pressure defense and clear communication they should be able to play quicker and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom