This defense is FAST! (1 Viewer)

Who is Maontravius Williams? Nick Underhill put out the defense snaps and he played in 17 of them. Huggins didn't play at all (surprising since he had been playing well).

Also on offense, Tony Jones Jr just got in the game 2 times and Juwan 8. Very strange that.
The Saints have been having to have more sets where either the RB or TE stay in to help the offensive line block. Juwan cannot really block, so it limits his ability to get on the field until the Saints can get better protection.

werner looks to have passed Baun, he was all over the field
Baun maybe better suited to play at SAM closer to the line of scrimmage. Ellis had a pretty productive day from that spot vs the Patriots because they play alot of two tightend sets and Ellis was very active.

The core of this defense has been practicing and playing together in big games for several years now. The younger guys are well schooled by team captains (and coaches) so they understand their roles and know where there supposed to be. I say all this in belief that these things are key elements in playing the game faster. Didn’t think I’d say this but hey, Dennis Allen could be a ‘warm’ commodity at the end of the season. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We still have freedom of speech in this country, at least, for the time being.
Was just referring to the language that got everyone suspended in 2012. Kill the heads were when the defenders would try to turn the players around during a tackle so they were facing the wrong way - apparently very demoralizing. But an unfortunate choice of words when you have a power hungry commish looking for a scapegoat amidst the concussion lawsuits.
Anyway, we seem to be good at it again

1. I liked the population-to-the-ball tackling.

2. I like how all the defenders seem to be punching at the ball during the gang tackling.

3. The tackle-for-loss and zero yac tackling is very exciting and equally demoralizing to the other team.
It's like a swarm of defenders as soon as the ball is caught/handed off. Reminds me of Seattle's defense a few years back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom