This Defense (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Clearly had a bad night.

I will lay the majority of the blame at Allen's feet.

1. I dont know why we would ever only have 2 down lineman on 2nd and long , but its incredibly stupid. Every yard they lost on sacks or run stuffs we gave up when he went to that dime or nickel package. We left 10 foot lanes just up. Not even Lawrence Taylor and Deacon Jones could stop that !

2. Stop with the Delayed Blitzes ! Our LBs never get home on those and we end up losing numbers wise. On those plays we literally are playing 11 vs 9. Our LBs can't apply significant enough pressure or help in coverage. The majority of time Anzalone ended up playing tiddly winks with offensive lineman. Stop !

3. Stunt with the defensive line instead.

4. Not shooting ourselves in the foot needs to be emphasized on 3rd and long. Penalties , breakdowns , stupid calls.

In this moment is when I curse at KC for trading up and taking Mahomes ahead of us...If Latt decided to play like booty

its the same defense the last 4 years. OVERRATED. Stout against the run but on 3rd and 4th down will fall flat on they're face. Secondary has holes as always
They had Mike Nolan working the LBs and in the coaches meetings. He’s good and had the LBs much improved relative to what we are accustomed to. Nolan left.

I was afraid we would feel it.

We are once again saddled with one of Payton’s sub par cronies at DC.

Last edited:
Dennis Allen got completely out coached last night. Carr looked like a future HOF QB.

Why our the Saints DBs always running full speed trying to catch up? It doesn’t matter if it is zone or man, the receivers are always behind them. They never look back for the ball and have no idea where it is. There were 2 plays against TB where it was under thrown and would have been an interception if they just looked back. What happened to the old “keep the receivers” in front of you. I never see it from any other team in the league so it has to be coaching.
The Saints defense has to lead the league, by a large margin, in sustained drives against them, It seemed like every Raiders drive, after the 1st quarter was at least 10 or more plays.
The Saints missed their chance to move Mike Nolan into the DC slot. Time to thank DA for his service and wish him fair seas and following winds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom