This drafts CB is scary top prospects are the potential type (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Mckelvin small school prospect really made more fame with his return skills,,,Cromartie high risk high reward type,,,the most smooth and technique sound CB in this draft is Cason from Arizona,,followed by Talib from Kansas,,if DTS are gone i would like us trade down 5 to 7 spots and get one of these types Cason didnt run well at combine so im sure he be there Talib probaly not,,but say if Ryan is still available at 10 could get some nice offers and end up with a player like one of these two,,would be the safest route which might be the best....

I agree. I don't think there is a "can't miss" CB prospect in this year's draft. I don't see a Marcus Trufant, Terrence Newman, or Pac Man Jones (talent-wise) in this draft.

anyone can see this kid is gonna need some coaching,,,what scares me about him he so cocky,,that type of personalitys dont always take to coaching well,,,also with mendehall some players like that we sitting at a very wheel and deal spot at number 10,,and the quality of player from 10-20 is very similiar,,minus mendenhall who is a top 10 player imo,,,

anyone can see this kid is gonna need some coaching,,,what scares me about him he so cocky,,that type of personalitys dont always take to coaching well,,,also with mendehall some players like that we sitting at a very wheel and deal spot at number 10,,and the quality of player from 10-20 is very similiar,,minus mendenhall who is a top 10 player imo,,,

above player i was describing was cromartie forgot to put that,,,

If you want to have a guy contribute this year, Talib or Cason is probably your guy. If we want to take a chance, DRC is a great talent. But we already have a young, fast unproven CB on the team. Shouldn't Usama get a chance before we bring in another young CB? Or did he get written off because he couldn't crack the starting lineup. We all know that cracking the starting line up was impossible last year for whatever reason. See exhibit A. 3 - 0 in game Jason David didn't play. 4 - 9 in games he did.

If you want to have a guy contribute this year, Talib or Cason is probably your guy. If we want to take a chance, DRC is a great talent. But we already have a young, fast unproven CB on the team. Shouldn't Usama get a chance before we bring in another young CB? Or did he get written off because he couldn't crack the starting lineup. We all know that cracking the starting line up was impossible last year for whatever reason. See exhibit A. 3 - 0 in game Jason David didn't play. 4 - 9 in games he did.

thats very true but consider most of our corners are older guys, usama young and randall gay are the only ones with upside. i think we could use some younger guys back there. im hoping young can secure a top spot until mm is ready to go.

If we go cb, I think we learned our lesson on small school last year, and that is we got lucky the first year.

We also won't pick a cb with bad hands.

two reasons we won't take mckelvin.

Cromartie I love, but our front office will not take a risk on a defensive player this high, there wouldn't be any plays out running our secondary with him,but cromartie is out I think, although I personally love his potential and if we could drop down, this would be my pick, or dan conner.

Mike Jenkins is the corner we would take I think, but we shall see. He has consistantly led the corner list and has done nothing to lose his spot. can play man or zone and is a shut down guy.

If all the DT's are gone, i say take Cromartie. The two DT's seem to be the closest to guarantees we will probably have that could be available at #10. If they are both gone i say go with the CB that has the biggest upside which is Cromartie.

"This drafts CB is scary top prospects are the potential type"

This is one of the greatest sentences ever written in the English language. :hihi:

Isn't every draft pick based on potential, if it wasn't there wouldn't be a such thing as busts.
The true is with the small school guys is that the anaylist and scouts have alot more video to see and probably have seen them at a game. Saying a guy is from a small school isn't a reason not to take him. Small schools have produced some of the best players every in the league(like jerry rice)

I like Cason the most out of all the corners this year, I don't care what he runs in the 40, I think he's the real deal and has the ability to be top notch corner in the NFL. After him I wouldn't mind getting, Flowers, King(my sleeper) or C. Jackson, all of which should still be around in the 2nd round or later.

I wouldn't mind seeing us go after possibly two corners and a LB in the first 3 or 4 rounds...

DRC-this guy's the best CB in the draft as far as I'm concerned.The only reason he didn't go to a large college was because he went to a bunch of different high schools and was under the radar(not that that matters anyway).Did you watch this guy shut down some of the top college wide receivers in the senior bowl? I think it was A. Bowman(Ok St)he threw down like a rag doll.

Mckelvin small school prospect really made more fame with his return skills,,,Cromartie high risk high reward type,,,the most smooth and technique sound CB in this draft is Cason from Arizona,,followed by Talib from Kansas,,if DTS are gone i would like us trade down 5 to 7 spots and get one of these types Cason didnt run well at combine so im sure he be there Talib probaly not,,but say if Ryan is still available at 10 could get some nice offers and end up with a player like one of these two,,would be the safest route which might be the best....

To me it is more of a risk to labor under the delusion that besides the injured Mike McKenzie, our other corners will step up and transform into shut down talent. Usama has potential, but so do draft picks. Why not take more shots at a position of weakness for us? I have seen several mocks where DRC is taken by the Pats at 7. If not him, then McKelvin is often projected as the Pats' pick. I do not think it would be wise to trade back and risk losing these top 2 CB prospects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom