This dude chris Landry talk bad about our FA's pick up's (1 Viewer)

Ah, the lightning-fast, electronic version of bulletin board material. Splendid!

If the modern-day NFL would allow it, and if I'm Nick Fairley, I put an image of Landry on my belt towel like Rickey Jackson would do back in the day with his smiley face.

Whenever I made a big play, you know where I'd look to wipe with that towel? :)

Landry is actually pretty solid.

I listened to all his podcast last year throughout the season and he was spot on about a lot of our issues.

I'd take what he says with a grain of salt BUT he is on par. Laurinitis is clearly in decline..question is is he an upgrade over Anthony communicating the defense and in pass coverage? Yes.

Is Fleener Jimmy Graham NO...is he Watson..NO but he can do some of the things both were known for and he's younger. Questionable drops or questionable ball placement? Who knows but on paper he's an upgrade from Watson even though he was available for a reason.

Finally you have Nick Fairley. In theory he's simply replacing Kevin Williams who was solid in run defense but offered NOTHING as a base passrusher. Younger, more explosive, something to prove... Bellichik has made a living on finding the right guys at the right time scorned by the NFL and willing to prove a point.

You can find negatives in all the pick ups.......but there are plenty of positives. Its clear we are per usual making a run for a playoff spot. Just like we did last year. If we can get a wild card GREAT and we're just hoping with a few additions/upgrades and the maturity of the roster we can turn a 7-9 team into a 10-6 team. Shouldn't be too too hard and its within grasp.

You don't win championships in free agency. You hope the guys you bring in can plug holes and be solid contributors while you draft long term solutions.

Landry lost a ton of credibility with me many years ago in that plagiarism scandal. He denied everything but the facts were there to support him not doing his own work and simply used others' as his own.

Not to mention, the guy needs to learn how to be more concise. I've heard him numerous times on Steve Duemig's radio show and he's just sooo long-winded. He's great at using 50 words when 15 would suffice.

Landry is actually pretty solid.

I listened to all his podcast last year throughout the season and he was spot on about a lot of our issues.

I'd take what he says with a grain of salt BUT he is on par. Laurinitis is clearly in decline..question is is he an upgrade over Anthony communicating the defense and in pass coverage? Yes.

Is Fleener Jimmy Graham NO...is he Watson..NO but he can do some of the things both were known for and he's younger. Questionable drops or questionable ball placement? Who knows but on paper he's an upgrade from Watson even though he was available for a reason.

Finally you have Nick Fairley. In theory he's simply replacing Kevin Williams who was solid in run defense but offered NOTHING as a base passrusher. Younger, more explosive, something to prove... Bellichik has made a living on finding the right guys at the right time scorned by the NFL and willing to prove a point.

You can find negatives in all the pick ups.......but there are plenty of positives. Its clear we are per usual making a run for a playoff spot. Just like we did last year. If we can get a wild card GREAT and we're just hoping with a few additions/upgrades and the maturity of the roster we can turn a 7-9 team into a 10-6 team. Shouldn't be too too hard and its within grasp.

OK, who are you? and what did you do with ELLIASJWILLIAMS?

Usually his posts are Very Lengthy and Much Less Concise! ;-)

Good post.

Landry lost a ton of credibility with me many years ago in that plagiarism scandal. He denied everything but the facts were there to support him not doing his own work and simply used others' as his own.

Not to mention, the guy needs to learn how to be more concise. I've heard him numerous times on Steve Duemig's radio show and he's just sooo long-winded. He's great at using 50 words when 15 would suffice.

This Chris Landry? Heh - LANDRY DENIES PLAGIARISM | ProFootballTalk

I think Landry was fair in his assessment. I thought the summary in the article didn't do it justice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom